Audio ToursFrom 9,99€
Audio ToursFrom 11,99€
Audio ToursFrom 11,99€
Artists and painters glorified Venice and in turn, the city immortalized them. La Serenissima is a legendary city and this tour will take you to discover some of its most famous sights in its breathtaking historic center.
Enjoy a hassle-free walking tour of Venice, the capital city of the province of the Veneto Region, and an exhilarating visit to Venice’s most dynamic attractions, the Basilica of St. Mark and the Doge’s Palace. This fascinating combo self-guided tour will help you follow, at your own pace, the riveting journey of the Basilica di San Marco, the Doge’s Palace as well as the city’s most compelling and charming corners.
This is an unmissable opportunity to gain valuable insights into Venice, the Basilica of St. Mark, and Doge’s palace as you relate to your surroundings in an entirely original way.
* * Ticket/entrance fee to the museums or other sites is not included.
Charity begins at home
Housed in an impressive 16th century building constructed by the architects Sante Lombardo and Antonio Scarpagnino, the Scuola Grande di San Rocco was the home of the confraternity devoted to Saint Roch. Various such 'schools' had been established in Venice since the 13th century, each dedicated to a saint, Christ or the Virgin Mary. The mission of each scuola was the organization of charitable works and the observation of religious practice. Founded in 1478, the Scuola Grande di San Rocco quickly flourished and became one of the richest and most considerable institutions in the city right up until the 16th century. This was because of the popularity of Saint Roch, who was the patron saint of plague victims and whose tomb, located inside the Church at the Scuola, was a much-visited pilgrimage site.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Three self-guided audio tours for your smartphone (Android & iOS) in English
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps)
- Link to activate and access your audio tour
- Entrance fee to the museums, churches, and monuments
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
Directions to starting point
- The self-guided audio tour for Venice City Tour is designed to start in Scuola Grande di San Rocco, located in San Polo district. The easiest way to get there is on foot.
- The self-guided audio tour for the Basilica of St. Mark is designed to start at the entrance of the Basilica di San Marco (P.za San Marco, 328, 30100 Venezia VE, Italy). The easiest way to get there is by the train station Santa Lucia, by taking the water-bus ride 51 direct line.
- The self-guided tour for Doge’s Palace is designed to start at the entrance of the Palace (P.za San Marco, 1, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy). The entrance is directly behind the Basilica of St. Mark
Opening hours for Saint Mark's Basilica
- Monday - Sunday: - (last admission: )
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for the museums and for some parts of the Basilica di San Marco monuments are not included
- This is a combination of 3 downloadable self-guided audio tours for your smartphone (accessible through our app) of Venice and the audio tour of the Basilica of St. Mark
- No live guide or meeting point provided. No VR / AR is included
- Book per device to be used, not per participant
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Check your spam folder as well
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 5/5C or older, iPod Touch 5th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Mini 1st generation
- You will need storage space on your phone (350 MB)
- Please keep in mind that all three tours are wheelchair accessible. However, the ticket office in Doge’s Palace is not wheelchair accessible so you’ll need someone with you to go inside and purchase the tickets.
Know before you go
- Mobile signals may be weak at the site. Download audio tours while on WiFi prior to your visit – no wifi/4G on-site
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Wear comfortable shoes and hat or sunscreen (during spring and summer)
- It is better to have the tour before the sunset and preferably in the morning.
- Please note that the dress code is strictly enforced at St Mark’s Basilica. Shoulders must be covered and men must wear long trousers while women must not have skirts shorter than knee length
Contributors and Bibliography
Stop 11: © Anna Kudryvtseva / Wikimapia
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!