The Doge’s Palace: The Most Serene Republic
Travel back in time to follow in the footsteps of the Venetian Doges with a self-guided audio tour on your smartphone!
Entering the palace from Porta del Frumento, you will encounter the enormous interior courtyard. Your audio tour will shed light on the long history & transformations of the building. Before leaving, you will also experience the impressive Scala dei Giganti. Once home to the Doge’s coronation, it has quite a few stories to tell! Time to climb up the highly ornate Scala d’Oro and step inside the institutional chambers of the palace. Ready to explore some stunning halls? They are all covered with the art of Tintoretto, Tiziano, Veronese and many more masters of the Venetian school!
Of course, you will have the opportunity to cross the Bridge of Sighs and visit the New Prisons of the Doge’s Palace. Learn about the sinister reputation of the Venetian penal system listening to the stories of world-famous inmates. Among them, you will also find some stories about the legendary womanizer Giacomo Casanova! Your tour ends in front of the Porta della Carta, the once monumental entrance to the building. You’ll admire the intricate decorations of the gate and learn about the fall of the once invincible maritime Empire.
This immersive audio tour is your key to explore the Doge’s Palace and its riveting stories!
*Ticket/entrance fee to the Doge’s Palace is not included.
Contributors and Bibliography
- Secure promo code to access the tour after downloading the app
- Self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (Android & iOS) in English
- Offline content with an offline interactive map to avoid roaming charges
- Entrance fee/ ticket for the Doge’s Palace
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Internet access might be unavailable & mobile signal may be weak in public areas
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Know before you book
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- Please consider that admission fee for the Doge’s Palace is not included
- Please book per device to be used, not per participant
- After booking, you will receive an email from Clio Muse Tours, with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Please note that for the audio tour you must have an Android or iOS smartphone and make sure you have enough storage space on your phone (100-150 MB)
Know before you go
- Check the email that you’ve received from Clio Muse Tours, and follow the instructions in order to access your tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Please consider that internet access might be unavailable & mobile signal may be weak in public areas. So kindly, download the tour on your smartphone, prior to your visit, to access them offline and avoid roaming charges
- The audio tour can be used repeatedly both online and offline. Use your headphones to best enjoy it
- Prior to your visit, make sure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring on a pair of earphones/headphones
Directions to Starting Point
Why take a self-guided tour?
This is a self-guided tour based on the award-winning storytelling concept developed by Clio Muse and the fascinating narratives prepared by our handpicked destination experts.
You can enjoy each multilingual tour by using your smartphone or tablet at your own pace even if you are offline. The interactive map on your screen will guide you step-by-step as you explore all points of interest along your route. Each stop comes with a selection of our signature stories allowing you to tailor the tour experience to your personal interests and schedule.
After downloading Clio Muse app, you can access this tour and activate it any moment you wish and also repeat it any time. To best enjoy our multimedia self-guided tour (comprising maps, video, audio and text) we recommend the use of headphones.