$ 12,82 per person
Waltz in the National Coach Museum with a self-guided audio tour on your phone designed by an accredited expert. Listen to fascinating stories, based on an award-winning storytelling concept, and gain great insights into the most iconic landmark of Lisbon. Start your tour from the Coach of King Filipe II, narrating Portugal’s bumpy ride in the 1700’s and continue to explore the Triumphal Coaches, the Bed Berlin and all the other royal mobiles exhibited in the Museum.
This is an unmissable opportunity to experience at your own pace the National Coach Museum with a captivating audio tour on your phone.
* * Ticket/entrance fee to the National Coach Museum is not included.
The National Coach Museum
This place really is something very special. This National Coach Museum houses the finest and the most unique and prominent collection of historical coaches and carriages in the world. But why here, of all places? Interestingly, it’s all down to geography. Unlike most countries in Europe, Portugal was spared during the First and Second World Wars (and other aggressive conflicts). The result? Portugal’s larger vehicles were spared from the destruction of bombings and violent revolutions as well. And we are so lucky that they were! The collection was initially exhibited inside the Old Royal Riding School. This much more modern building was built in 2015.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Self-guided audio tour on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Entrance tickets to the National Coach Museum are not included.
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
There is no meeting point. The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the entrance of the National Coach Museum(Av. da Índia 136, 1300-300 Lisboa, Portugal). The easiest way to get there is by riding the train(Cascais line) till the Belem train station and then walking for approximately 1 minute to reach the entrance of the National Coach Museum.
Triumphal Coaches/ Eyeglass Chaise/ Bed Berlin
Opening hours for National Coach Museum
Recommended visiting hours
Tuesday-Sunday 10:00 a.m. – 18:00 p.m.
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for the National Coach Museum are not included.
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone, accessible through our app. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Check your spam folder as well
- Book per device to be used, not per participant
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB)
- The National Coach Museum is wheelchair accessible for the better part.
Know before you go
- Please note that your (name of marketplace) Voucher is not your entry ticket.
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s). Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to fully enjoy it.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
Contributors and Bibliography
© Clio Muse Tours
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!