From per person
Quinta da Regaleira is a UNESCO world heritage site (since 1995) nestled in Serra de Sintra – one of Portugal’s most intriguing and well-preserved areas. A unique location, it brings together different styles, holds stories about secret religious orders, and is filled with underground mazes. Take a look and discover this treasure!
Experience Quinta da Regaleira at your own pace with a skip-the-line e-ticket and a fascinating self-guided audio tour on your smartphone. Receive your ticket by email, download the app and the audio tour on your phone, prior to your visit, and travel back in time to experience the glory of one of Sintra’s main attractions, the magnificent Quinta da Regaleira.
Put on your headphones and discover the breathtaking Aquarium, Abundance Fountain, and the Greenhouse as well as the Castle’s breathtaking treasures through the power of storytelling and learn historical information and uncommon stories and anecdotes for this spectacular attraction of Sintra. Tour’s content is the result of in-depth research, squeezed into brief original stories that will make your visit both engaging and informative. The audio tour can be used repeatedly and anytime, before or after your visit.
This is an unmissable opportunity to gain valuable insights into one of Sintra’s main and most well-known attractions, the Quinta da Regaleira, and relate to your surroundings in an entirely original way.
Once inside, purchase your ticket at the building on your right. If you already have a digital one, keep straight until you find the entrance to the old stables. Once you're in, head right where staff members will validate your ticket (enter through one of the accesses and exit through the other).
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Adult ONLY entry ticket to the Quinta da Regaleira
- Skip-the-line service
- Self-guided audio tour in English on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
Directions to starting point
The best way to visit the Quinta da Regaleira is through reaching the Hotel Lawrences bus stop (2710-550 Sintra, Portugal). The Castle is a 5 min walk (400 meters).
Virgin’s Grotto, Unfinished Well, Orient’s Grotto
Opening hours for Quinta de Regaleira
January–March: 10:00am–6:30pm (last entry at 5:30pm)
April–September: 10:00am–7:30pm (last entry at 5:30pm
Know before you book
- This is a combination of a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (accessible through our app) and an entry ticket for the Quinta da Regaleira.
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well.
- The course of the visit may be modified and special restrictions may be imposed. The visitors must always adhere to the guidelines of the site.
- Book per device to be used, not per participant.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB).
- Free and reduced admission tickets do not have to skip the line privileges and can only be acquired at the ticket booth on-site.
Know before you go
- Download the ticket(s) & audio tour while on WiFi prior to your visit. Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s).
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Make sure that you have your identity or your passport
- Due to high temperatures, bring with you sun protection
- The ideal time to visit the castle is early morning or early evening
Throughout the year the Palace, the Chapel and eventual exhibition spaces close 30 minutes before de garden.
NOTICE | The administrative services are closed on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
PARKING | Quinta da Regaleira does not have parking. If you travel in your own car, prepare your visit checking the website https://parking.sintra.pt
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!