Seville Cathedral Self-guided Audio Tour: The Gothic Wonder
Upon seeing the gargantuan Seville cathedral, one cannot help but marvel at its sheer size and beauty. Constructed as a symbol of the triumph of Christianity over the Moors and adorned with magnificent artworks of master painters, such as Murillo and Goya, Seville Cathedral is a tribute to the splendor of the Spanish Empire. Welcome to its arms!
Through the power of storytelling, you will discover not only historical facts but also unknown stories and tales of ancient and modern times that will amaze your family and friends. The tour’s content is the result of in-depth research, squeezed into brief intriguing stories that are both engaging and informative. Download the tour on your device so you can access it repeatedly anytime.
This is an unmissable opportunity to gain valuable insights into the Seville Cathedral and immerse yourself in the surroundings/exhibits in an entirely innovative way.
The Lighthouse of Islamic Faith
The most visible symbol today of the cathedral’s Islamic past is the current bell tower, originally the mosque’s minaret and now a symbol of Seville itself. Architect Ahmed Ibn Basso began its construction in 1184, recycling Umayyad stones and Roman marbles to build the basement of the tower. The minaret was completed however by another architect after the death of the first, Ali al-Ghumari, in 1198, who changed the main constructive material using brick instead of stone. The style of the entire construction is similar to some buildings in North Africa that rose almost at the same time as the tower of Seville, such as the minaret of the Kutubiyya Mosque in Marrakech. Likewise the Moroccan minaret, four golden spheres that shone like a lighthouse from a distance originally crowned the Sevillian tower.
Juan Alberto Romero
Art historian and tour guide, he is aware that bringing people closer to the cultural and natural heritage and communicating it with a critical attitude contributes to making our everyday environment a happier place.
Contributors and Bibliography
Door of the Lizard (Puerta del Lagarto)
- Self-guided audio tour of Seville Cathedral in English for your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content with an offline interactive map to avoid roaming charges
- Entrance fees/tickets
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Know before you book
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- Please consider that this is an audio tour for Seville Cathedral.
- Admission fees are not included in the price.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access your audio tour
- An Android or iOS smartphone is required
- The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 5/5C or older, iPod Touch 5th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Mini 1st generation
- Please ensure you have enough storage space (100-150 MB)
- Book per device to be used, not per participant
- Non refundable once activated.
Know before you go
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site. Download the audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to avoid connectivity issues and enjoy it offline
- The audio tour can be used repeatedly both online and offline
- Ensure you have a fully charged device and earphones/headphones
- Please wear sunscreen and a hat during the hot summer months
- Visitors are advised to wear comfortable shoes
Plaza Virgen de Los Reyes
Monday to Saturday: 10:45 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sunday: 2:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Recommended visiting hours
Directions to Starting Point
Metro Stations: Plaza De La Contratacion; Santander (Tomas De Ibarra); Archivo De Indias; García De Vinuesa (Avda. Constitución); Plaza San Francisco.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Why take a self-guided tour?
This is a self-guided tour based on the award-winning storytelling concept developed by Clio Muse and the fascinating narratives prepared by our handpicked destination experts.
You can enjoy each multilingual tour by using your smartphone or tablet at your own pace even if you are offline. The interactive map on your screen will guide you step-by-step as you explore all points of interest along your route. Each stop comes with a selection of our signature stories allowing you to tailor the tour experience to your personal interests and schedule.
After downloading Clio Muse app, you can access this tour and activate it any moment you wish and also repeat it any time. To best enjoy our multimedia self-guided tour (comprising maps, video, audio and text) we recommend the use of headphones.