Seville city tour, the Royal Alcázares of Seville and Seville’s Cathedral combo audio tour
Self-guided audio tourFollow the story at your own pace
EnglishFor both audio and stories included
Audio ToursFrom 9,99€
Audio ToursFrom 11,99€
A Roman port that became an Islamic capital in the Middle Ages; A river that secured prosperity and the monopoly of trade with the New World during the 16th and 17 centuries; A place where tradition and folklore are still vibrant; Welcome to Seville, the princess of Andalusia!
Enjoy a hassle-free walking tour of Seville, the largest city of Andalusia in Spain, and an exhilarating visit to Seville’s most dynamic attractions, Seville’s Cathedral and the Royal Alcázares. This fascinating combo self-guided tour will help you follow, at your own pace, the riveting journey of the Cathedral as well as the Royal Alcázares and the city’s most compelling and charming corners.
* * Ticket/entrance fee to the museums or other sites is not included.
Cover photo: © Skare Media/ Commons Wikimedia
A Journey Through Time
Welcome to the oldest part of Seville! Named after the 16th century Encarnación Convent, which was destroyed during the Napoleonic Wars at the beginning of the 19th century, the square later became home to a covered food market. In the 70s, its restoration was considered essential. Yet, the local government decided to demolish it instead and relocate the market elsewhere. The area was, thus, abandoned until the ’90s, when the need for a new underground parking space brought it, once again, into the spotlight; To the surprise of everyone, excavations revealed that the city’s past was lying underneath. Remains related to the various phases of the city were brought to light tracing Seville’s history throughout the centuries; From the Romans and the Visigoths to the Almohads, Seville’s urban strata were unearthed overlapping one another!
Juan Alberto Romero
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Two self-guided audio tours for your smartphone (Android & iOS) in English
- Offline content (text, audio narration, and maps)
- Entrance fees/tickets to sites
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- Charged smartphone
Directions to starting point
- For Seville’s city tour the easiest way to get to La Encarnación square is on foot or by bus (line 32).
- For the Royal Alcázares of Seville, the self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the entrance which is through the Lion Gate across Plaza Triunfo from the cathedral. You head east on Calle Fray Ceferino Gonzalez towards Calle Miguel Manara. You turn right and the Royal Palace is shortly on your left. If you use public transport, you get tramway 1 and you get off at Archivo de Indias.
- For the Seville’s Cathedral audio tour is designed to start at the entrance of the Cathedral. You can easily access the Cathedral by reaching the tram station Archivo de Indias and walking 120 meters towards the Cathedral.
- Metropol Parasol
- El Salvador Church
- Town Hall in Plaza San Francisco
- Barrio de Santa Cruz
- Royal Alcázars of Seville
- Archivo de Indias
- Torre del Oro
- Royal Tobacco Factory
- Plaza de España
- Lion’s Gate
- Hall of Justice
- Patio de la Montería
- Hall of audiences
- Distribution Hall
- Patio de las Doncellas
- Bedroom of the Moorish Kings
- Patio de las Muñecas
- Hall of Ambassadors
- Hall of the Feasts
- Tapestries Room
- Mercury Pond
- Maria Padilla’s
- Plaza Virgen de Los Reyes
The Royal Alcázares of Seville:
From October 29 to March 31
Monday to Sunday, 09:30 to 17:00. (closing at 18.00)
From April 1 to October 28:
Monday to Sunday, 09:30 to 19:00. (closing at 20.00). The site is closed on 1st and 6th January, Good Friday and 25th December.
Monday to Saturday, 10:45 AM to 17:00
Sunday, 14:30 to 18:30 PM
The site is closed on November 6th.
The Royal Alcázares of Seville : 14,5€
Seville’s Cathedral : 11€
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for the museums and monuments are not included.
- This is a combination of 3 downloadable self-guided audio tours for your smartphone (accessible through our app).
- The 3 audio tours cover the city tour of Seville and the audio tour of the city’s Cathedral and the city’s Royal Alcázares.
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- You will receive an email from the local supplier with audio instructions.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (350 MB).
- Please note that the vast majority of the Royal Alcázares of Seville is not wheelchair accessible.
Know before you go
- Download audio tours while on WiFi prior to your visit – no wifi/4G on-site
- Receive an email from the local supplier with important ticket & audio instructions. Check your spam folder as well.
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Wear comfortable shoes, a hat and sunscreen during the hot summer months
Contributors and Bibliography
Stop 1: © Rubendene / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 2: © Grez / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 4: © Tom Podmore / Unsplash
Stop 5: © Johan Mouchet / Unsplash
Stop 6: © Alberto Bravo / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 8: © Morinpat / Wikipedia
Stop 10: © Joan Oger / Unsplash
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!
From: 55,00€ per person