Alcázar is a Spanish word that comes from the Arabic al-qaṣr, “the castle” or “the palace”, itself derived from the Latin castrum, “castle”. In fact, the Alcázares began to be built during the period of Islamic domination that began in year 712, so it was originally the residence of Muslim emirs and princes. Immerse yourself in the magic of the Royal Alcázares of Seville with a fascinating audio tour on your smartphone.
Juan Alberto Romero
Art historian and tour guide, he is aware that bringing people closer to the cultural and natural heritage and communicating it with a critical attitude contributes to making our everyday environment a happier place.
Contributors and Bibliography
Lion’s Gate, Patio de la Banderas, S/N 41004, Sevilla
- Self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (Android & iOS) in English
- Offline content with an offline interactive map to avoid roaming charges
- Secure promo code to access the tour after downloading the app
- Entrance fee to Alcázar
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for Alcázar are not included.
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- Book per device to be used, not per participant
- After booking, you will receive an email from us with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Please note that booking requests received between 10.00 pm – 7.59 am will be served next morning from 8.00 am.
- An Android or iOS smartphone is required. (Windows phones are not compatible with the app)
- The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 5/5C or older, iPod Touch 5th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Mini 1st generation
- Please ensure you have enough storage space (100-150 MB)
- Non refundable once activated
Know before you go
- Keep in mind that internet access might be unavailable & mobile signal may be weak in Alcázar, so please download the mobile app and your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit in order to enjoy it offline
- The audio tour can be used repeatedly both online and offline. Use your headphones to best enjoy
- Also, prior to your visit, make sure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring on a pair of earphones/headphones
Cathedral of Seville
- October-March: Every day from 9:30 a.m. to 17:00 p.m. ( the last visitors are requested to leave the palace at 17:45 p.m.).
- April-September: Every day from 9:30 a.m. to 19:00 p.m. (the last visitors are requested to leave the palace at 18:45 p.m.)
Recommended visiting hours
Directions to Starting Point
Tramway 1: Archivo de Indias station
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Why take a self-guided tour?
This is a self-guided tour based on the award-winning storytelling concept developed by Clio Muse and the fascinating narratives prepared by our handpicked destination experts.
You can enjoy each multilingual tour by using your smartphone or tablet at your own pace even if you are offline. The interactive map on your screen will guide you step-by-step as you explore all points of interest along your route. Each stop comes with a selection of our signature stories allowing you to tailor the tour experience to your personal interests and schedule.
After downloading Clio Muse app, you can access this tour and activate it any moment you wish and also repeat it any time. To best enjoy our multimedia self-guided tour (comprising maps, video, audio and text) we recommend the use of headphones.