Seville City Tour: The Princess of Andalusia
Self-guided audio tourFollow the story at your own pace
EnglishFor both audio and stories included
A Roman port that became an Islamic capital in the Middle Ages. A river that secured prosperity and the monopoly of trade with the New World during the 16th and 17 centuries. A place where tradition and folklore are still vibrant. Welcome to Seville, the princess of Andalusia!
Listen to fascinating stories, based on an award-winning storytelling concept, and gain great insights into the fascinating history of the capital of Andalusia. Start your tour from the Metropol Parasol, the architectural landmark of the city that links Seville’s past to the present, and then continue to explore the best sites of the city, feeling like a local. This is an unmissable opportunity to experience at your own pace Seville and find out the hidden corners of it with a captivating audio tour on your phone.
* * Ticket/entrance fee to the museums or other sites is not included.
A Journey Through Time
Welcome to the oldest part of Seville! Named after the 16th century Encarnación Convent, which was destroyed during the Napoleonic Wars at the beginning of the 19th century, the square later became home to a covered food market. In the 70s, its restoration was considered essential. Yet, the local government decided to demolish it instead and relocate the market elsewhere. The area was, thus, abandoned until the ’90s, when the need for a new underground parking space brought it, once again, into the spotlight. To the surprise of everyone, excavations revealed that the city’s past was lying underneath. Remains related to the various phases of the city were brought to light tracing Seville’s history throughout the centuries. From the Romans and the Visigoths to the Almohads, Seville’s urban strata were unearthed overlapping one another!
Juan Alberto Romero
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (Android & iOS) in English
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps)
- Link to activate and access your audio tour
- Entrance fee to the museums and monuments
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- Charged smartphone
Directions to starting point
The easiest way to get there is on foot or by bus (line 32)
- Metropol Parasol
- El Salvador Church
- Town Hall in Plaza San Francisco
- Barrio de Santa Cruz
- Royal Alcázars of Seville
- Archivo de Indias
- Torre del Oro
- Royal Tobacco Factory
- Plaza de España
Recommended visiting hours
24/7 (it is recommended to have the tour before sunset)
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for the museums and monuments are not included.
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (accessible through our app).
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- Book per device to be used, not per participant.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB).
- Please keep in mind that it is a walking city tour and for that reason it is wheelchair accessible.
Know before you go
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Wear comfortable shoes and hat or sunscreen (during spring and summer)
- It is better to have the tour before the sunset and preferably in the morning.
Contributors and Bibliography
- https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Espacio_Parasol_Sevilla.jpg © Rubendene
- https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Parroquia_del_Divino_Salvador_Sevilla_2.jpg © Grez
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casa_consistorial_de_Sevilla#/media/File:Casa_consistorial_de_Sevilla_2019.jpg ©Gzzz
- https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Patio_de_la_Monter%C3%ADa,_01.jpg © Alberto Bravo
- https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archivo_General_de_Indias#/media/Archivo:Archivo_de_Indias_002.jpg © Anual
- https://el.wikipedia.org/wiki/%CE%A4%CF%8C%CF%81%CF%81%CE%B5_%CE%BD%CF%84%CE%B5%CE%BB_%CE%8C%CF%81%CE%BF#/media/%CE%91%CF%81%CF%87%CE%B5%CE%AF%CE%BF:Sevilla_Torre_del_oro.JPG ©Morinpat
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Tobacco_Factory#/media/File:Universidad_de_Sevilla_(rectorado)_001.jpg © Anual
Cover photo https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Plaza_de_Espana,_Seville,_Spain.jpg © Skare Media
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!
- Duration: 7 hours
- Audio available in 1 language
- Duration: 8 hours
- Audio available in 1 language