Experience Sintra at your own pace with a combo audio tour for the city’s walking tour as well as its biggest attractions, the National Park and Pena Palace, Moorish Castle, and Quinta da Regaleira with 4 captivating self-guided audio tours on your smartphone.
Receive the details by email, download the app and the audio tours on your phone, prior to your visit, and travel back in time to experience the grandeur of Sintra from the city’s unique mysteries and stories to its dazzling Castle and Palaces.
Put on your headphones and discover the city of Sintra and the exquisite elegance of its biggest attractions through the power of storytelling and learn historical information and uncommon stories and anecdotes from the city’s unique past. The content of the tours is the result of in-depth research, squeezed into brief original stories that will make your visit both engaging and informative. The audio tours can be used repeatedly and anytime, before or after your visit.
This is an unmissable opportunity to gain valuable insights into Sintra and its National Park and Pena Palace, the Moorish Castle, and Quinta da Regaleira and relate to your surroundings in an entirely original way.
Once inside, purchase your ticket at the building on your right. If you already have a digital one, keep straight until you find the entrance to the old stables. Once you're in, head right where staff members will validate your ticket (enter through one of the accesses and exit through the other).
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Four self-guided audio tours for your smartphone (Android & iOS) in English
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Entrance tickets to museums, castles, or churches are not included.
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
For outdoor venues: comfortable shoes, hat & sunscreen
- The self-guided audio tour for Pena Palace is designed to start at the Camellia Garden of Sintra’s National Park (Estrada da Pena, 2710-609 Sintra, Portugal).
- The self-guided audio tour for the Moorish Castle is designed to start at the Second Circle of Walls of Moorish Castle (2710-405 Sintra, Portugal).
- The self-guided audio tour for Quinta da Regaleira is designed to start at the entrance of the Quinta da Regaleira (R. Barbosa du Bocage 5, 2710-567 Sintra).
- The self-guided audio tour for Sintra City Tour is designed to start at the Volta do Duche.
Directions to starting point
- Pena Palace: The easiest way to get there is by car.
- The best way to visit the Moorish Castle is through public transportation. Catch the line of the Sintra train (stops include Oriente, Entrecampos, Sete Rios, Rossio in Lisbon). Once you get to the Sintra train station there are many bus stops near it. The bus that takes you to the Moorish Castle is the 434. You can pay for the single ticket (3,95€) or buy the 24hour ticket which allows you to ride on all the buses for the day (11 €), whenever you like.
- The best way to visit the Quinta da Regaleira is through reaching the Hotel Lawrences bus stop (2710-550 Sintra, Portugal). The Castle is a 5 min walk (400 meters) towards the Castle.
- Sintra City Tour: The easiest way to get there is by reaching the Largo C.M.Sintra bus stop (2710-631 Sintra, Portugal) and you’ll be at the right place to start the tour.
Opening hours for Quinta de Regaleira
Opening hours for Moorish Castle
Recommended visiting hours
- Palace 09:00 – 18:00
Last admission 17:30
- Gardens 09:00 – 18:30
Last admission 17:30
Open from 09:00 to 18:30. Last entry at 18:00
Quinta da Regaleira:
January–March: 10:00am–6:30pm (last entry at 5:30pm)
April–September: 10:00am–7:30pm (last entry at 5:30pm)
Sintra city tour:
This is a city tour, therefore, it is always available. It is recommended to take the tour before sunset.
Know before you book
- This is a combο of 4 downloadable self-guided audio tours for your smartphone (accessible through our app)
- The 4 audio tours cover the city tour of Sintra and the audio tour of the National Park and Pena Palace, the Moorish Castle, and Quinta da Regaleira
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- You will receive an email from the local supplier with important ticket & audio instructions.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (350 MB)
Know before you go
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s). Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to fully enjoy it.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- During the hot summer months, it is highly recommended to wear a hut and use sunscreen
- Visitors are advised to wear comfortable shoes
Contributors and Bibliography
Photo Credits: https://pixabay.com/pt/photos/lisboa-sintra-portugal-arquitetura-5230989/
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!