The Heraklion Archaeological Museum: a hymn to art
The Archaeological Museum of Heraklion, founded at the beginning of the 20th century, houses the masterpieces of Minoan Art. The Museum is one of the oldest in Greece and among the most well known worldwide. We welcome you to its collection and invite you to indulge in the greatness of Cretan art.
The entrance of the archaeological museum
- Self-guided audio tour in English for your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content with an offline interactive map to avoid roaming charges
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Entrance fee
Know before you book
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- An Android or iOS smartphone is required
- The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 5/5C or older, iPod Touch 5th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Mini 1st generation
- Please ensure you have enough storage space (100-150 MB)
- Book per device to be used, not per participant
- Non refundable once activated.
Know before you go
- Internet access might be unavailable & mobile signal may be weak. So please download the audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit in order to enjoy it offline
- Use your headphones to best enjoy it
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged
The itinerary starts on the ground floor with the Minoan Collection continues on the first floor with the Minoan Frescoes and the Historic Period, and ends back on the ground floor with the Sculpture Collection.
Summer season (From 15 June 2020): Monday and Wednesday – Sunday: 08:00 – 20:00 Tuesday: 10:00 -20:00. winter season: From 1 November to 30 November 2019: Weekdays (except for Tuesdays): 08:00 – 18:00 Tuesday: 10:00 – 18:00 From 1 December 2019 to 31.
Recommended visiting hours
From the 1st of November until the 31st of March: 6€ From the 1st of April until the 31st of October: Full: €12, Reduced: €6 Special ticket package (Heraklion Archaeological Museum and Knossos): €20 The special ticket package is valid for 3 days (one visit at each site).
Directions to Starting Point
Bus 02, 04, 11 from the city center and stop nearby the archaeological museum.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Why take a self-guided tour?
This is a self-guided tour based on the award-winning storytelling concept developed by Clio Muse and the fascinating narratives prepared by our handpicked destination experts.
You can enjoy each multilingual tour by using your smartphone or tablet at your own pace even if you are offline. The interactive map on your screen will guide you step-by-step as you explore all points of interest along your route. Each stop comes with a selection of our signature stories allowing you to tailor the tour experience to your personal interests and schedule.
After downloading Clio Muse app, you can access this tour and activate it any moment you wish and also repeat it any time. To best enjoy our multimedia self-guided tour (comprising maps, video, audio and text) we recommend the use of headphones.