Granada city tour and Alhambra Palace combo audio tour
No other city exemplifies the spirit of Medieval Islam in Spain as tangibly as Granada! In 1492, the city was conquered by the Catholic Monarchs, but its Moorish aura never faded out; the “comfortable Orient”, as romantic travellers would call it. Let’s discover the stories of stellar landmarks, such as the Alhambra palace, and many hidden gems.
Enjoy a hassle-free walking tour of Granada, the capital city of the province of Granada and an exhilarating visit to Granada’s most dynamic attraction, the Alhambra Palace. This fascinating combo self-guided tour will help you follow, at your own pace, the riveting journey of the Alhambra Palace as well as the city’s most compelling and charming corners.
* * Ticket/entrance fee to the museums or other sites is not included.
The Nasrid city
On the corner of the plaza and Salamanca street the original Bib Rambla was once located, a medieval archway that was demolished in 1884. From here travellers gained access to the city from 1230 until the Christian conquest. Granada was then ruled by the rich Nasrid dynasty. The Arabs had arrived in Spain in 711 to found an empire that by the 10th century had become a powerful Caliphate with Cordoba as a capital city, the so-called al-Andalus, after which the region is currently named. The Empire fell apart a century later and smaller kingdoms tried to resist the advance of Christian armies from the North. The last of those Muslim kingdoms was Granada. With silk and other goods flowing from the East and with the wealth of the land, the Nasrids managed to hold strong and reign for over 250 years.
Juan Alberto Romero
Art historian and tour guide, he is aware that bringing people closer to the cultural and natural heritage and communicating it with a critical attitude contributes to making our everyday environment a happier place.
Contributors and Bibliography
Stop 4: © Jose Mario Pires / Commons Wikimedia
There is no meeting point.
- The self-guided audio tour for Granada is designed to start in Plaza de Bib Rambla.
- The tour of Alhambra Palace begins at the Entrance Pavilion (Calle Real de la Alhambra, 18, 18009 Granada, Spain, 18009 Granada, Spain).
- Two self-guided audio tours for your smartphone (Android & iOS) in English
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps)
- Link to activate and access your audio tour
- Entrance fee to the museums, churches, and monuments
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick up and drop off service
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for the museums and monuments are not included
- This is a combination of 2 downloadable self-guided audio tours for your smartphone (accessible through our app)
- The 2 audio tours cover the audio city tour of Granada and the audio tour of the Alhambra Palace
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- Book per device to be used, not per participant
- You will receive an email from the local supplier with audio instructions.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 5/5C or older, iPod Touch 5th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Mini 1st generation
- You will need storage space on your phone (350 MB)
- Please note that the 50% of the Alhambra is wheelchair accessible
Know before you go
- Download audio tours while on WiFi prior to your visit – no wifi/4G on-site
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Wear comfortable shoes and hat or sunscreen (during spring and summer)
- It is better to have the tour before the sunset and preferably in the morning.
- Plaza de Bib Rambla
- Saint Jerome Monastery
- Cathedral of the Incarnation
- Royal Chapel
- Corral del Carbón
- Cuarto Real de Santo Domingo
- Fundación Rodriguez Acosta
- Torres Bermejas
- Carrera del Darro
- Cuesta del Chapiz
- Mirador de San Nicolás
- Alhambra complex
- From 1st April to 14th October: Monday to Sunday: 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m
- From 15th October to 31st March: Monday to Sunday: 8:00 a.m to 6 p.m.
The Alhambra Palace : 14€
Directions to Starting Point
- The self-guided audio tour for Granada is designed to start in Plaza de Bib Rambla. The easiest way to get there is on foot or by bus (Lines C5, C31, C32, and 4, 8, 11,21, 33).
- The tour of Alhambra Palace begins at the Entrance Pavilion (Calle Real de la Alhambra, 18, 18009 Granada, Spain, 18009 Granada, Spain). The Alhambra complex is located on the left bank of Darro River, on the top of the hill Al-Sabica and is 20 minutes away from Granada center. The easiest way to reach Alhambra is by bus. The bus C30 stops near the Entrance Pavilion.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Why take a self-guided tour?
This is a self-guided tour based on the award-winning storytelling concept developed by Clio Muse and the fascinating narratives prepared by our handpicked destination experts.
You can enjoy each multilingual tour by using your smartphone or tablet at your own pace even if you are offline. The interactive map on your screen will guide you step-by-step as you explore all points of interest along your route. Each stop comes with a selection of our signature stories allowing you to tailor the tour experience to your personal interests and schedule.
After downloading Clio Muse app, you can access this tour and activate it any moment you wish and also repeat it any time. To best enjoy our multimedia self-guided tour (comprising maps, video, audio and text) we recommend the use of headphones.