Granada city tour and Alhambra Palace combo audio tour
Self-guided audio tourFollow the story at your own pace
EnglishFor both audio and stories included
Audio ToursFrom 9,99€
Audio ToursFrom 7,99€
No other city exemplifies the spirit of Medieval Islam in Spain as tangibly as Granada! In 1492, the city was conquered by the Catholic Monarchs, but its Moorish aura never faded out; the “comfortable Orient”, as romantic travellers would call it. Let’s discover the stories of stellar landmarks, such as the Alhambra palace, and many hidden gems.
Enjoy a hassle-free walking tour of Granada, the capital city of the province of Granada and an exhilarating visit to Granada’s most dynamic attraction, the Alhambra Palace. This fascinating combo self-guided tour will help you follow, at your own pace, the riveting journey of the Alhambra Palace as well as the city’s most compelling and charming corners.
* * Ticket/entrance fee to the museums or other sites is not included.
Cover photo: © Jebulon / https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Granada,_Catedral_91p-2v.jpgCommons Wikimedia
The Nasrid city
On the corner of the plaza and Salamanca street the original Bib Rambla was once located, a medieval archway that was demolished in 1884. From here travellers gained access to the city from 1230 until the Christian conquest. Granada was then ruled by the rich Nasrid dynasty. The Arabs had arrived in Spain in 711 to found an empire that by the 10th century had become a powerful Caliphate with Cordoba as a capital city, the so-called al-Andalus, after which the region is currently named. The Empire fell apart a century later and smaller kingdoms tried to resist the advance of Christian armies from the North. The last of those Muslim kingdoms was Granada. With silk and other goods flowing from the East and with the wealth of the land, the Nasrids managed to hold strong and reign for over 250 years.
Juan Alberto Romero
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Two self-guided audio tours for your smartphone (Android & iOS) in English
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps)
- Link to activate and access your audio tour
- Entrance fee to the museums, churches, and monuments
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick up and drop off service
- Charged smartphone
Directions to starting point
- The self-guided audio tour for Granada is designed to start in Plaza de Bib Rambla. The easiest way to get there is on foot or by bus (Lines C5, C31, C32, and 4, 8, 11,21, 33).
- The tour of Alhambra Palace begins at the Entrance Pavilion (Calle Real de la Alhambra, 18, 18009 Granada, Spain, 18009 Granada, Spain). The Alhambra complex is located on the left bank of Darro River, on the top of the hill Al-Sabica and is 20 minutes away from Granada center. The easiest way to reach Alhambra is by bus. The bus C30 stops near the Entrance Pavilion.
- Plaza de Bib Rambla
- Saint Jerome Monastery
- Cathedral of the Incarnation
- Royal Chapel
- Corral del Carbón
- Cuarto Real de Santo Domingo
- Fundación Rodriguez Acosta
- Torres Bermejas
- Carrera del Darro
- Cuesta del Chapiz
- Mirador de San Nicolás
- Alhambra complex
- From 1st April to 14th October: Monday to Sunday: 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m
- From 15th October to 31st March: Monday to Sunday: 8:00 a.m to 6 p.m.
The Alhambra Palace : 14€
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for the museums and monuments are not included.
- This is a combination of 2 downloadable self-guided audio tours for your smartphone (accessible through our app).
- The 2 audio tours cover the audio city tour of Granada and the audio tour of the Alhambra Palace.
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- Book per device to be used, not per participant.
- You will receive an email from the local supplier with audio instructions.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (350 MB).
- Please note that the 50% of the Alhambra is wheelchair accessible.
Know before you go
- Download audio tours while on WiFi prior to your visit – no wifi/4G on-site
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Wear comfortable shoes and hat or sunscreen (during spring and summer)
- It is better to have the tour before the sunset and preferably in the morning.
Contributors and Bibliography
Stop 1: © Illibirretano / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 2: © Jesus Abizanda / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 3: © Heparina 1985 / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 4: © Jose Mario Pires / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 5: © Maksym Abramov / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 6: © José Sabater Montes / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 7: © R Prazeres / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 8: © Pepepitos / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 9: © Pepepitos / Wikipedia
Stop 10: © Alberto-g-rovi / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 11: © Cgbpict / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 12: © Jocelyn Erskine-Kellie / Flickr
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!
- Duration: 8 hours
- Audio available in 1 language