The Alhambra Palace: the Moorish Pearl
Self-guided audio tourFollow the story at your own pace
English, Deutsch, Español, FrançaisFor both audio and stories included
Situated on the summit of Al-Sabika Hill, The Alhambra Palace, or the red castle, is a reminder of the last Muslim Kingdom in Spain and a Unesco World Heritage site. Depicted by romantic writers as a dream world, the Alhambra Palace narrates the story of the Arab Nasrid Dynasty, the life of Emperor Charles V and unveils the Moorish culture.
Waltz in the Alhambra Palace with a self-guided audio tour on your phone designed by an accredited expert. Listen to fascinating stories, based on an award-winning storytelling concept, and gain great insights into the most iconic landmark of Cordoba. Start your tour from the Entrance Pavilion and then continue to explore the gate of seven floors, the justice gate, and the wine gate before going inside to enjoy its interior and listen to several fascinating stories while savouring its treasures.
This is an unmissable opportunity to experience at your own pace the Alhambra Palace with a captivating audio tour on your phone.
* * Ticket/entrance fee to the Alhambra Palace is not included.
The Alhambra: A pearl set in emeralds
Described by poets as a pearl set in emeralds, the Alhambra reflects Islamic traditions and narrates the history of Spain before and after the Moorish occupation. Inhabited in the ninth century by Sawwar ben Hamdun, the Alhambra first served as a military fortress. In 1230, Ibn-Al Ahmar (Mohamed ben Al-Hamar) established the Nasrid reign during which the Alhambra came to its apogee. After the conquest of Granada by Christians in 1492, the palace lost its mythic glory but regained it during the 19th century thanks to European travelers and writers. In 1870, the Alhambra was declared a monument. Today, it is one of the most visited historical sites in the world. Welcome to the Alhambra Palace and discover the splendor of Moorish tradition.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Self-guided audio tour in English on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Entrance fee to the Alhambra Palace
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
Calle Real de la Alhambra, 18, 18009 Granada, Spain
Directions to starting point
The tour begins at the Entrance Pavilion (P.º del Generalife, 1F, 18009 Granada, Spain) The Alhambra complex is located on the left bank of Darro River, on the top of the hill Al-Sabica and is 20 minutes away from Granada center. The easiest way to reach Alhambra is by bus. The bus C30 stops near the Justice Gate.
From 1st April to 14th October: Monday to Sunday: 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m and from 15th October to 31st March: Monday to Sunday: 8:00 a.m to 6 p.m.
Recommended visiting hours
Ticket/entrance fee to the Alhambra Palace is not included.
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for the Alhambra Palace are not included.
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (accessible through our app). No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well.
- Book per device to be used, not per participant.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB).
- Not all areas of the Palace are accessible via wheelchair.
Know before you go
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s). Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to fully enjoy it.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Wear comfortable shoes
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!
- Duration: 3h 40min
- Audio available in 1 language
- Duration: 8 hours
- Audio available in 1 language