$ 12,82 per person
Delphi, today a Unesco World Heritage Site, had a lofty status in the ancient world being home to the temple of Apollo and the shrine of his oracles. For almost 1000 years, rulers, emperors, and common people flocked to the site to seek the advice of the priestess of the god and her power was such that Delphi became the nucleus of the world.
Waltz in the archaeological site of Delphi and the Museum with a self-guided audio tour on your phone designed by an accredited expert. Listen to fascinating stories, based on an award-winning storytelling concept, and gain great insights into the most iconic landmark of the ancient world. Start your tour from the archaeological site in order to admire the temple of Apollo and then continue to explore the archaeological Museum of Delphi and the exquisite art pieces. This is an unmissable opportunity to experience at your own pace Delphi, the Google of the Ancient World with a captivating audio tour on your phone.
* * Ticket/entrance fee to the archaeological site of Delphi and the Museum is not included.
Once you have parked your car, seek for the stairs that will lead you either to the museum entrance or to the path that ends up in front of the archaeological site. In both cases, make sure you head in the right direction walking along the little path until you see the entrance of the archaeological site. Scan your tickets, pass the turnstiles, and find some shade to listen to the stories of the first point of interest.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (Android & iOS) in English
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps)
- Link to activate and access your audio tour
- Entrance fee to the archaeological site of Delphi and the Museum
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- Charged smartphone
There is no meeting point. The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the entrance of the archaeological site of Delphi ( 33054, Delphi, Prefecture of Fokida)
Directions to starting point
The easiest way to get there is by car. The site is located between the villages of Arachova and Delphi.
- April 1st – October 31st: 08:00-20:00 (Last admission 19.40) /Museum: 08:00-20:00 (Last admission 19.40)-Tuesday 10:00-17:00.
- April 1st – October 31st: 12€
- November 1st – March 31st :6€
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for the archaeological site and the Museum of Delphi are not included.
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (accessible through our app).
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- You will receive an email with important audio instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well.
- Book per device to be used, not per participant.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB).
- The Museum of Delphi is wheelchair accessible.
- The visit for people with mobility difficulties is available after informing the Ephorate (+30 22650 823210, firstname.lastname@example.org) at least 7 days prior to the visit.
- Due to the location of the archaeological site, it is recommended to leave the strollers at the entrance.
Know before you go
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s). Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to fully enjoy it.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well.
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged and that you bring your earphones.
- Receive an email from the local supplier with important audio instructions. Check your spam folder as well.
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Wear comfortable shoes and hat or sunscreen (during spring and summer)
- Luggages are not allowed in the archaeological site
- Large backpacks and bulky bags are not allowed in the Museum.
Contributors and Bibliography
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!