$ 8,55 per person
Everyone knows the beauty of the sunsets in Cape Sounion. Far fewer people, though, realise that this is one of Athens’ most impressive archaeological sites, dedicated to a god known for his moody approach to life and home to a vibrant community of soldiers, priests, and slaves that turned ancient Athens into a superpower.
Waltz in Cape Sounion with a self-guided audio tour on your phone designed by an accredited expert. Listen to fascinating stories, based on an award-winning storytelling concept, and gain great insights into the most iconic landmark of Cape Sounion, the temple of Poseidon. Start your tour from the entrance of the cape and continue to meet the temple, getting acquainted with its surroundings, and the temple of Athena Sounias.
This is an unmissable opportunity to experience at your own pace the Cape Sounion with a captivating audio tour on your phone.
* * Ticket/entrance fee to the Temple of Poseidon is not included.
The entrance to the archaeological site is to the east of the sanctuary, a few meters from the intercity bus stop, the souvenir shop and the cafe. There is limited parking here, so it is best to leave the car in the lower parking lot. The tour’s first stop is on the plateau with the information panel dedicated to “The Fortress: the Wall” to the right of the trail just after the ticket office.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Self-guided audio tour in English on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Entrance tickets to the Temple of Poseidon are not included.
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
There is no meeting point. The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the Temple of Poseidon entrance (Cape Sounio, Sounio 195 00).
Directions to starting point
The easiest way to get there is by reaching the Mavromateon Bus stop (Athens 104 34) which will take you to Cape Sounion. At the bus station, there will be a sign plate with the Cape Sounion name on it.
- North side. The temple of Poseidon
- East facade. Byron’s graffiti’
- The Sanctuary of Athena
Recommended visiting hours
November 1st – March 31st: 5€
April 1st – October 31st: 10€
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for Cape Sounion are not included.
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone, accessible through our app. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included.
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Check your spam folder as well.
- Book per device to be used, not per participant.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB).
Know before you go
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s). Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to fully enjoy it.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Visitors are advised to wear comfortable shoes
Contributors and Bibliography
Stop 3: © Tumblr
Stop 5: © Nikos Zacharioudakis
Stop 6: © Nikos Zacharioudakis
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!