Acropolis Hill self-guided Virtual Experience: The Highlights
Self-guided audio tourFollow the story at your own pace
EnglishFor both audio and stories included
Experience the Acropolis hill from the comfort of your home with an engaging self-guided virtual tour, narrated in English, from your PC or smartphone browser. It’s so simple! You will receive an email with the tour link with instructions and, in a couple of minutes, you will travel back in time and enjoy a virtual journey from the comfort of your couch!
Through the power of storytelling combined with street and satellite views, you will learn not only about historical facts but also discover unknown stories and tales of ancient and modern times that will amaze your family and friends. The tour’s content is the result of in-depth research, squeezed into brief intriguing stories that will make your virtual visit both engaging and informative. The tour is only available online and you can access it repeatedly and anytime.
This is an unmissable opportunity to gain valuable insights into the most iconic landmark of Athens, the Acropolis, and immerse yourself in the surroundings in an entirely innovative way.
Never say never
Time heals all and eventually even the Athenians realized it was time to move on. A new generation, wealthy, strong, and resolute came to power in the middle of the 5th century BCE and decided to express their newfound confidence with a grand architectural program. The mastermind behind it was Pericles, the great Athenian statesman, who envisioned a series of temples on the Acropolis that would provide a large segment of the population with steady employment, while advertising to the Greek world the power and glory of Athens. He entrusted his vision to the greatest sculptor of his time, Phidias, who supervised a brilliant group of architects, stonemasons, and artists.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Virtual Self-guided Tour for the Acropolis with satellite & street views
- Audio content with engaging & original stories in English
- Live Guide
- Offline access
- Desktop, laptop or smartphone device
- Internet connection
Know before you book
- This is a virtual tour for the Acropolis that you can take from the comfort of your home and feel like you were there
- No live guide or meeting point required
- You will receive an email with instructions on how to access your tour via a link. Check your spam folder as well
- No special equipment is needed (i.e. special glasses)
- This product can be accessed from any web browser and requires internet connection
Cancellation Policy: This product cannot be refunded once activated.
- Duration: 1h 30min