$ 12,82 per person
Waltz in the renowned Theater of Epidaurus, museum, and archaeological site, with a self-guided audio tour on your phone designed by an accredited expert. Listen to fascinating stories, based on an award-winning storytelling concept, and gain great insights into the most iconic landmark of Epidaurus. Start your tour from the main path that leads to the museum, site, and theater, and continue to explore a place of spiritual significance and believed to have healing powers.
This is an unmissable opportunity to experience at your own pace the Theater of Epidaurus, museum, and archaeological site with a captivating audio tour on your phone.
* * Ticket/entrance fee to the theater, museum and archaeological site of Epidaurus is not included.
The Archaeological Museum of Epidaurus
I know, you’re probably thinking that this museum is a bit smaller than you expected – but don’t let its size detract from its rich history! This small space houses immense treasures that give you a vivid and thorough understanding of exactly how the Sanctuary of Asclepius was used throughout the years. The museum was inaugurated between 1902 and 1907 by a donation from archaeologist Panagiotis Kavvadias – he devoted his entire life to the excavations of Epidaurus. Inside this museum, you’ll find several important exhibits from the Epidaurus excavations. You can also marvel at the collection of inscriptions on the outdoor covered area, the architectural elements of the temples, wonderful statues and ex-votos of the pilgrims.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Self-guided audio tour on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Entrance tickets to museums, archaeological sites, or churches are not included.
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
There is no meeting point. The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the entrance of the archaeological site of Epidaurus. (Epidaurus 210 52). The easiest way to get there is by car.
Opening hours for Asklepieion at Epidaurus
Recommended visiting hours
from 1st March :08:00-18:00
April : 08:00-19:00
From 2nd May – 31th August 2023: 08:00-20:00
1st September-15th September : 08:00-19:30
16th September-30th September : 08:00-19:00
1st October-15th October : 08:00-18:30
16th October-31th October : 08:00-18:00
Good Friday: 12.00-17.00 Holy Saturday: 08.30-15.30
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for the Theater of Epidaurus, museum, and archaeological site are not included.
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone, accessible through our app. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Check your spam folder as well
- Book per device to be used, not per participant
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB)
- The archaeological site and the first room of the museum are accessible to those with physical disabilities.
- The square of the theater is wheelchair accessible
Know before you go
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s). Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to fully enjoy it.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Entry into the theater in high heels is not allowed
- During the hot summer months, it is highly recommended to wear a hat and use sunscreen when touring the archaeological sites.
Contributors and Bibliography
© Clio Muse Tours
© Vasilis Lymperopoulos private collection
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!