Immerse yourself in the magic of Olympia with a fascinating audio tour on your smartphone and discover the secrets of Olympia, the most beautiful place in Greece.
Enjoy a hassle-free visit to one of the most dynamic attractions of Olympia with a fascinating self-guided audio tour on your smartphone and follow, at your own pace, the riveting journey of the green valley that lies between the rivers Alpheios and Kladeos, the father of the gods Zeus chose to establish the sanctuary of Greeks, where the Olympic Games were born.
Τhe tour of Ancient Olympia introduces us to the secrets of an ancient world continued by the sacred bonds between man, god, and nature.
The Arrogance of Power
Philippeion was an unusual building in every respect. It is the only circular building in Olympia, consisting of an outer colonnade of 18 Ionic columns and an inner colonnade of Corinthian semicolumns. Its marble roof, which ended in a bronze flower bush, added extra luxury to the building. However, its construction probably did not delight most Greeks. Built-in the most sacred area of Olympia, Sacred Altis, it was the only building of a non-religious character and testifies to the absolute sovereignty of the Macedonians in the Greek territory during the specific period. The definitive event for their dominance was the Battle of Chaeronea, in which Philip II and Alexander defeated the Athenians, the Boeotians, and their allies.
Entrance of the archaeological site
- Self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (Android & iOS) in English
- Offline content with an offline interactive map to avoid roaming charges
- Secure promo code to access the tour after downloading the app
- Entrance fee to Ancient Olympia
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
App not compatible with Windows phones
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for the Ancient Olympia are not included.
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- Book per device to be used, not per participant
- After booking, you will receive an email from our local supplier, Clio Muse Tours with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- An Android or iOS smartphone is required. (Windows phones are not compatible with the app)
- The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 5/5C or older, iPod Touch 5th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Mini 1st generation
- Please ensure you have enough storage space (100-150 MB)
- Non refundable once activated
Know before you go
- Keep in mind that internet access might be unavailable & mobile signal may be weak in (venue name). So please download the mobile app and your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit in order to enjoy it offline
- The audio tour can be used repeatedly both online and offline. Use your headphones to best enjoy
- Also, prior to your visit, make sure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring on a pair of earphones/headphones
Gymnasium, Palaestra, Prytaneion, Philippeion, temple of Hera, Nymphaion, Zanes – Krypte, Ancient Stadium,Monument of Ptolemy II and Arsinoe, Temple of Zeus, Bouleuterion, Pheidias’ Workshop,
November-March: Daily (Monday – Sunday): 08.00-15.30
Last Admission: 20′ before closing time
Full ticket: €12, Reduced: €6 During the period November 1st – March 31st, the price of the single ticket for all the above mentioned sites is reduced by 50% for all visitors and cost 6 euros.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Why take a self-guided tour?
This is a self-guided tour based on the award-winning storytelling concept developed by Clio Muse and the fascinating narratives prepared by our handpicked destination experts.
You can enjoy each multilingual tour by using your smartphone or tablet at your own pace even if you are offline. The interactive map on your screen will guide you step-by-step as you explore all points of interest along your route. Each stop comes with a selection of our signature stories allowing you to tailor the tour experience to your personal interests and schedule.
After downloading Clio Muse app, you can access this tour and activate it any moment you wish and also repeat it any time. To best enjoy our multimedia self-guided tour (comprising maps, video, audio and text) we recommend the use of headphones.
By clicking "Add to cart", you are purchasing this tour in English. This tour is also available in the following languages: Ελληνικά.