$ 12,82 per person
A visit to the Metropolitan Museum of Art is a must when being to New York. The world-class metropolitan museum not only hosts the most exquisite masterpieces, but constitutes a work of art itself. Delve into the history and richness of its collections and how the passion of a collector gave birth to the one of biggest museums in the world.
Waltz in the famous Metropolitan Museum of Art with a self-guided audio tour on your phone designed by an accredited expert. Listen to fascinating stories, based on an award-winning storytelling concept, and gain great insights into the most iconic landmarks of New York. Start your tour from the imposing facade and the famous stairs,and then continue to explore its interior, and discover its outstanding collections.
This is an unmissable opportunity to experience at your own pace the Metropolitan Museum of Art with a captivating audio tour on your phone.
* * Ticket/entrance fee to the Metropolitan Museum of Art is not included.
How Do You Start a Museum?
The Metropolitan Museum of Art, or “the Met” for short, is almost synonymous with the Big Apple itself, but you might be surprised to learn that this icon wasn’t a product of New York at all. Rather the Met was the brainchild of an American lawyer John Jay during his visit to Paris. Along with others, Jay envisioned the US’ own venerable institution of art in its capital of culture, New York City, like the type he had witnessed in Paris. Following this dream, the Met was established in 1870. The first object in its collection was an ancient Roman sarcophagus, followed soon by an assortment of paintings by European masters Giovanni Battista Tiepolo, Nicolas Poussin, and Anthony van Dyck.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Self-guided audio tour in English on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Entrance ticket to the Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
Entrance of the Metropolitan Museum of Art
Directions to starting point
There is no meeting point. The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the entrance of the Metropolitan Museum of Art. The Metropolitan Museum of Art is located at 5th Avenue and 82nd Street in Manhattan. The easiest way to get there is by taking the subway. The closest lines are the 4, 5, and 6. The stop is 86th street.
The Met Entrance, The Mastaba of Perneb, Mummy of Artemidora, Temple of Dendur, The Diana Statue, Cannon made for Henry II, Cupid, Studiolo, Virgin and Child Statue, Madonna and Child, Enthroned,House Behind Trees,Princesse de Broglie, View of Toledo
Monday-Tuesday-Thursday-Sunday Hours: 10 am–5 pm
Friday-Saturday Hours: 10 am–9 pm
Ticket/entrance fee to the Metropolitan Museum of Art is not included.
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for the Metropolitan Museum of Art are not included.
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone, accessible through our app. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Check your spam folder as well
- Book per device to be used, not per participant
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB)
- The tour is suitable for adults and adolescents
- The museum is wheelchair accessible (please have in mind that wheelchair escorts for visitors who borrow a Museum wheelchair might be unavailable)
- It is recommended to the visitors who are partially sighted or blind to visit the museum with a sighted companion
- Service dogs are welcomed inside the museum
Know before you go
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s). Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to fully enjoy it.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- The museum has a free bag check for visitors. You can leave your bag at the coat check
- The museum does not accommodate luggages or large items
Contributors and Bibliography
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!