Just a few metres from the sea stands the Mallorca Cathedral whose origins date back to the conquest of the island. At first, the old mosque was Christianised, but it was not until the reign of King Jaume II that its construction began. Let the journey into the cathedral’s history begin and its 700 years of construction.
Waltz in the Cathedral of Santa Maria in Mallorca with a self-guided audio tour on your phone designed by an accredited expert. Listen to fascinating stories, based on an award-winning storytelling concept, and gain great insights into the most iconic landmark of Mallorca. Start your tour from the Portal del Mirador and continue on to discover The Main Portal, The Alms Portal, before going inside to get fascinated by its amazing treasures.
This is an unmissable opportunity to experience at your own pace the Cathedral of Santa Maria in Mallorca with a captivating audio tour on your phone.
* * The Mallorca Cathedral entrance ticket fees are not included.
From Paseo Dalt Murada, go up the stairs that lead to Calle del Mirador. Turn right and you will find the door that corresponds to our first stop.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Self-guided audio tour in English on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Entrance ticket to the Cathedral of Mallorca
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
Charged smartphone, headphones, comfortable shoes, hat & sunscreen
There is no meeting point. The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the Calle del Mirador on the side of the Mallorca Cathedral (Plaça de la Seu, s/n, 07001 Palma, Illes Balears, Spain)
Directions to starting point
The easiest way to get there is by reaching the bus station453-pl. de la Reina – Catedral (07001 Palma, Balearic Islands, Spain), and then walking 250 meters towards the Cathedral.
Opening hours for tourist visits
- Monday to Friday from 10:00 hrs to 17:15 hrs
- Saturdays from 10:00 hrs to 14:15 hrs
- Closed on Sundays
Opening hours on public holidays
From 10:00 to 14:15
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for some parts of the Mallorca Cathedral are not included.
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone, accessible through our app. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included.
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Check your spam folder as well.
- Book per device to be used, not per participant.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB).
Know before you go
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s). Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to fully enjoy it.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Please note that dress code is strictly enforced at St Mark’s Basilica. Shoulders must be covered and men must wear long trousers while women must not have skirts shorter than knee length
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!