$ 8,55 per person
Built by the Venetians just in time for the Ottomans to enjoy it, Palamidi is famous for the alleged 999 steps leading to its gate and the sense of walking alongside the heroes of Nafplion’s history. The walls echo with the thunder of battle, the dungeons with the laments of the imprisoned. Discover one of Nafplion’s most exciting landmarks.
Waltz in the fortress of Palamidi with a self-guided audio tour on your phone designed by an accredited expert. Listen to fascinating stories, based on an award-winning storytelling concept, and gain great insights into one of the most iconic landmarks of Nafplion. Start your tour at the Bastion of Epaminondas and discover the remaining seven bastions one by one. Each has a thrilling story to tell.
This is an unmissable opportunity to experience the fortress of Palamidi at your own pace with a captivating audio tour on your phone.
* * Ticket/entrance fee to the fortress of Palamidi is not included.
Palamidi is a fort, and as such, it was designed to make life difficult for anyone wishing to enter. The ground is uneven; there are a lot of steps, built centuries ago, very little shade, and lots of climbing. There are some paths laid out by the archaeological service but be prepared to encounter unexpected difficulties while exploring. As soon as you purchase your ticket, you will enter the fort and meet a shady opening. Turn right and climb the cobblestone ramp. You will come to a terrace with good views of the surrounding countryside and the fortifications around you.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Self-guided audio tour in English and Greek on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- An entrance ticket to the fortress of Palamidi is not included.
- Live guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the entrance of the fortress of Palamidi.
Directions to starting point
The easiest way to get there is on foot from the parking lot of the site.
Recommended visiting hours
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for the fortress of Palamidi are not included.
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone, accessible through our app. No live guide will accompany you. No VR/AR is included.
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Check your spam folder as well.
- Book per device to be used, not per participant.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (100—150 MB).
- The site is not wheelchair accessible.
Know before you go
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s). Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to enjoy it fully.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged and that you bring your earphones
- Please note that the fortress stands on uneven ground, contains many steps and has very little shade
- Please wear sunscreen and a hat during the hot summer months
- Visitors are advised to wear comfortable shoes
Contributors and Bibliography
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!