$ 12,82 per person
Waltz in the intriguing Polycentric Museum of Aigai with a self-guided audio tour on your phone designed by an accredited expert. Listen to fascinating stories, based on an award-winning storytelling concept, and gain great insights into one of the most iconic landmarks of modern-day Vergina. Start your tour from the Alexander the Great’s Marble Fragment and then, continue to explore the museum’s captivating interior, where outstanding collections and fascinating stories await you at every turn.
This is an unmissable opportunity to experience at your own pace the Polycentric Museum of Aigai with a captivating audio tour on your phone.
* * Ticket/entrance fee to the Polycentric Museum of Aigai is not included.
Ruler of the world
Alexander the Great was the most fabulous resident of Aigai, and his portrait occupies the place of honor in the new museum. Alexander was born on 20/21 July 356 BCE. He was the son of Philip II and Olympias and inherited the throne of Macedonia at the age of 20, following his father’s assassination at the ancient theater of Aigai. His military prowess was shown when, at the age of just 16, he led the Macedonian army against the Medes, a barbarian people who had invaded Macedonia. Alexander created one of the largest empires in history in fourteen years, stretching from Greece to northwestern India. He died on 10/11 June 323 BCE in Babylon at the young age of 32, likely due to malaria or typhoid fever. After his death, his body was embalmed and transported to Alexandria.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Self-guided audio tour on your phone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Entrance ticket to the Polycentric Museum of Aigai
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
There is no meeting point. The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the entrance of the Polycentric Museum of Aigai (Epar.Od. Verias-Kypselis, Vergina 590 31) The easiest way to get there is by car.
Alexander the Great – Fragment of a marble relief|The “basileion” (palace) of Aigai|The Lady of Aigai
Opening hours for Polycentric Museum of Aigai
Opening hours for Museum of the Royal Tombs at Aigai
Recommended visiting hours
Wednesday to Sunday: 09:00-17:00
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for the Polycentric Museum of Aigai are not included.
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone, accessible through our app. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Check your spam folder as well
- Book per device to be used, not per participant
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB)
- Τhe Polycentric Museum of Aigai is wheelchair accessible
Know before you go
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s). Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to fully enjoy it.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
Contributors and Bibliography
© Clio Muse Tours
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!