$ 16,03 per person
Audio ToursFrom $ 10,69
Audio ToursFrom $ 10,69
Waltz in Paris and Montmartre with two self-guided audio tours on your phone designed by an accredited expert. Listen to fascinating stories, based on an award-winning storytelling concept, and gain great insights into two of the most iconic landmarks of France. Start your tour from the historic Hôtel de Ville in Paris and continue to explore the city of light and its most famous attractions as well as Montmartre, the city’s artistic hub.
This is an unmissable opportunity to experience the magnificent city of Paris and the artsy neighborhood of Montmartre at your own pace with two captivating audio tours on your phone.
* * Ticket/entrance fee to any museum, archaeological site, or church is not included.
The origins of a name
A Temple of Mars at the site of a christian temple? Montmartre, derives its name from a blend of pagan and Christian origins. The name is believed to have evolved from 'Mons Martis', meaning 'Mount of Mars' in Latin, referencing the ancient Roman temple dedicated to Mars, the god of war, that once stood on the hill. Later, the site became associated with Saint Denis, the first Bishop of Paris, who was martyred there. The location was thus renamed 'Mont des Martyrs' or 'Martyrs' Mount'. Over time, these names merged and morphed into 'Montmartre'. This unique blend of mythology and history encapsulates the rich cultural tapestry of the area.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Self-guided audio tours on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Entrance tickets to museums, archaeological sites, or churches are not included.
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
Directions to starting point
The self-guided audio tour of Paris is designed to start at the entrance of Hôtel de Ville (Pl. de l’Hôtel de Ville, 75004 Paris, France). The easiest way to get there is by reaching the Hôtel de Ville metro station which is located in front of the sight. The tour ends at Saint- Germain- des-Prés Church (3 Pl. Saint-Germain des Prés, 75006 Paris, France) near the Saint-germain-des-prés metro station(157 Bd Saint-Germain, 75006 Paris, France).
The self-guided audio tour of Montamarte is designed to start at the entrance of the Basilique du Sacre-Coeur(35 Rue du Chevalier de la Barre, 75018 Paris, France). The easiest way to get there is by riding the Funiculaire till the Funiculaire station and reach the church via Rue du Cardinal Dubois. The tour ends at the Montmartre Cemetery(20 Av. Rachel, 75018 Paris, France) near the Blanche metro station(Blanche, 75018 Paris, France).
Fontaine Saint Michel / La Sorbonne / Saint Sulpice Church / Basilique du Sacre-Coeur / Le Bateau Lavoir / Moulin Rouge
Recommended visiting hours
This is a city tour; therefore, it is always available. It is recommended to take the tour before sunset.
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for museums, archaeological sites, or churches are not included.
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone, accessible through our app. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- The course of the visit may be modified and special restrictions may be imposed. The visitors must always adhere to the guidelines of the site.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Check your spam folder as well
- Book per device to be used, not per participant
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 5/5C or older, iPod Touch 5th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Mini 1st generation
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB)
- Note that these are both city tours therefore, they are wheelchair accessible.
Know before you go
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s). Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to fully enjoy it.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Wear comfortable shoes suitable for walking, sunscreen and a hat during hot summer months
Contributors and Bibliography
Paris City Tour:
Stop 1: © wagner51 / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 2: © Mbzt / Commons Wikipedia
Stop 3: © Moonik / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 4: © Siren-Com / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 5: © ignis / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 6: © Celette / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 7: © Mbzt / Commons Wikipedia
Stop 8: © xandru / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 10: © Commons Wikimedia
Stop 11: © Released under the GNU Free Documentation License / Commons Wikipedia
Stop 12: © Pline / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 13: © Pline / Commons Wikipedia
Stop 14: © Mbzt / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 15: © P e z i / Commons Wikipedia
Stop 16: © Commons Wikimedia
Stop 17: © Zairon / Commons Wikipedia
Montmartre City Tour:
Central: © Canva AI Image Generator
Stop 1: © Arthur Weidmann Wikimedia
Stop 2: © Guilhem Vellut Wikimedia
Stop 3: © Vania Teofilo Wikimedia
Stop 4: © Florian75018 Wikimedia
Stop 5.: © I&D Sioma Wikimedia
Stop 6: © Carl Campbell Wikimedia
Stop 7: © Shadowgate Wikimedia
Stop 8: © Guilhem Vellut Wikimedia
Stop 9: © Kirk K Wikimedia
Stop 10: © jxandreani Wikimedia
Stop 11: © ptwo Wikimedia
Stop 12: © Dietmar Rabich Wikimedia
Stop 13: © Ivonna Nowicka Wikimedia
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!