$ 10,69 per person
Waltz in Montmartre with a self-guided audio tour on your phone designed by an accredited expert. Listen to fascinating stories based on an award-winning storytelling concept, and gain great insights into the most iconic neighborhoods of Paris, Montmartre. Start your tour from the majestic Basilica du Sacre Coeur and continue to explore the cabarets, the cafes, and the once-busy art studios still haunting the alleys of the famous bohemian neighborhood.
This is an unmissable opportunity to experience Montmartre at your own pace with a captivating audio tour on your phone.
* * Ticket/entrance fee to any museum, archaeological site, or church is not included.
But what is the story behind its construction? Works began in 1875 under architect Paul Abadie. The man's vision of a Roman-Byzantine masterpiece soon came to life. Engineers dug deep to establish a solid foundation on the hill's soft ground. Massive white travertine stones, quarried 200 kilometers away, were transported via a funicular railway. Skilled craftsmen adorned the interior with intricate mosaics and artwork. The colossal dome, influenced by the Hagia Sophia in Constantinople, employed cutting-edge concrete construction. Despite financial hardships and the outbreak of World War I, the basilica was consecrated in 1914, a place of prayer for peace. It was, ultimately, completed in 1919, standing to this day as a testament to resilience, faith, and architectural prowess.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Self-guided audio tour on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Entrance tickets to museums, archaeological sites, or churches are not included.
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
Directions to starting point
There is no meeting point.
The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the entrance of the Basilique du Sacre-Coeur(35 Rue du Chevalier de la Barre, 75018 Paris, France). The easiest way to get there is by riding the Funiculaire till the Funiculaire station and reach the church via Rue du Cardinal Dubois. The tour ends at the Montmartre Cemetery(20 Av. Rachel, 75018 Paris, France) near the Blanche metro station(Blanche, 75018 Paris, France).
Basilique du Sacre-Coeur/ Le Bateau Lavoir/ Moulin Rouge
Recommended visiting hours
This is a city tour; therefore, it is always available. It is recommended to take the tour before sunset.
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for museums, archaeological sites, or churches are not included.
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone, accessible through our app. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- The course of the visit may be modified and special restrictions may be imposed. The visitors must always adhere to the guidelines of the site.”
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Check your spam folder as well
- Book per device to be used, not per participant
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 5/5C or older, iPod Touch 5th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Mini 1st generation
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB)
- This is a city tour therefore it is wheelchair accessible(please note that some points of interest might not be wheelchair accessible).
Know before you go
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s). Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to fully enjoy it.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Wear comfortable shoes suitable for walking, sunscreen and a hat during hot summer months
Contributors and Bibliography
Central: © Canva AI Image Generator
Stop 1: © Arthur Weidmann Wikimedia
Stop 2: © Guilhem Vellut Wikimedia
Stop 3: © Vania Teofilo Wikimedia
Stop 4: © Florian75018 Wikimedia
Stop 5.: © I&D Sioma Wikimedia
Stop 6: © Carl Campbell Wikimedia
Stop 7: © Shadowgate Wikimedia
Stop 8: © Guilhem Vellut Wikimedia
Stop 9: © Kirk K Wikimedia
Stop 10: © jxandreani Wikimedia
Stop 11: © ptwo Wikimedia
Stop 12: © Dietmar Rabich Wikimedia
Stop 13: © Ivonna Nowicka Wikimedia
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!