$ 10,69 per person
With a motto that recognises a self-evident truth (Avant, avant, Lion le melhor), the Lyonnais already know that Lyon is among the best destinations in France, a cultural metropolis at the majestic confluence of two rivers. A major hub during the Renaissance, famous for its silk, and home to innovative entrepreneurs who gave us the silver screen, Lyon is truly the best.
Waltz in Lyon with a self-guided audio tour on your phone designed by an accredited expert. Listen to fascinating stories, based on an award-winning storytelling concept, and gain great insights into Lyon’s most iconic attractions. Start your tour from the Ancient Theatre of Fourvière, one of the oldest theaters in France and go on to explore the city and its secrets.
This is an unmissable opportunity to experience at your own pace Lyon with a captivating audio tour on your phone.
* * Ticket/entrance fee to any museum, archaeological site, or church is not included.
1.1 - Plancus and the refugees
Lucius Munatius Plancus had long experience of Gaul, which he gained as an officer in Julius Caesar’s army. He was also someone with the rare ability to survive political and military upheavals due to his ability to shift his allegiance smoothly. In 43 BCE, Rome was engulfed in civil war following the assassination of Julius Caesar the previous year. The Senate wished to prevent recruits from joining the army of Mark Antony, who was trying to avenge Caesar’s death. It so happened that there was a group of Roman refugees expelled from Vienne, a town in southeastern France, by the Allobroges, a Gallic people. The refugees encamped at the confluence of the Saône and Rhône rivers, uncertain what to do until Munatius Plancus appeared and gave them specific directions.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Self-guided audio tour in English on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Entrance tickets to museums, archaeological sites, or churches are not included.
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
comfortable shoes, hat & sunscreen
The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the entrance of the Ancient Theatre of Fourvière, 17 Rue Cleberg, 69005 Lyon.
Directions to starting point
The easiest way to get there is to ride the Funicular F2 route stopping at Fourvière train station and then walk down Rue Rogen Radisson Street. You will find the Ancient Theatre of Fourvière at a distance of about 5 minutes on foot.
This is an outdoor tour, therefore, it is always available.
Recommended visiting hours
It is recommended to take the tour before sunset.
* * Ticket/entrance fee to the theatres or other sites is not included.
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for museums, archaeological sites, or churches are ΝΟΤ included.
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone, accessible through our app. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Check your spam folder as well
- Book per device to be used, not per participant
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB)
- This is a city tour therefore it is wheelchair accessible, please note that some points of interest might not be wheelchair accessible.
Know before you go
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s). Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to fully enjoy it.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Choose a pair of comfortable shoes appropriate for walking.
- On a hot day make sure you wear a hat and sunscreen.
- Make sure you keep the volume at healthy levels and take breaks to rest your ears.
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.