From per person
Experience the Orange Roman Theatre and Museum at your own pace with a skip-the-line e-ticket and a captivating self-guided audio tour on your smartphone. It is also a great opportunity to explore Orange City’s history and culture, and its remarkable sites that make this city unforgettable through a captivating self-guided audio city tour.
Receive your ticket by email, download the app and the audio tour on your phone, prior to your visit, and travel back in time to experience not only the prestige and reputation of Orange Roman Theater but also the life of glorious periods through the museum’s masterpieces. Do not miss to discover the history and traditions of the city of Orange and its charming sites through a self-guided audio city tour.
Put on your headphones and discover the history and architecture of the Roman Theatre and Orange and fascinating facts about the Sphinx statue, the Vespasian inscription,and the paintings of 19th-century artists through the power of storytelling and learn historical information and uncommon stories and anecdotes from the ancient and modern times. Be fascinated by the charm of the city of Orange via a self-guided audio city tour. Tours content is the result of in-depth research, squeezed into brief original stories that will make your visit both engaging and informative. The audio tours can be used repeatedly and anytime, before or after your visit.
This is an unmissable opportunity to gain valuable insights into the art and culture of Orange from the Roman period till now and relate to the exhibits and attractions in an entirely original way.
A monumental wall of stone
At 103 metres wide and 37 metres high, the majestic aura of the theatre’s exterior wall (postcaenium in Latin) is impossible to deny. No wonder we feel small looking up at it! Although from down here, the architecture may seem simple, you will soon see that it is not as plain as it at first appears. After all, Louis XIV, King of France from the late 17th century to the early 18th century, even called it “the finest wall of my kingdom”.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Adult entry ticket to the Roman Theatre of Orange and Museum
- Self-guided audio tour on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Entrance tickets to other attractions and sites of the city.
- Charged smartphone
THE ROMAN THEATER
- November – February: 9:30 am – 4:30 pm
- March – May: 9 am – 6 pm
- June – August: 9 am – 7 pm
- September – October: 9:30 am – 5:30 pm
MUSEUM OF ART AND HISTORY
- November- February: 9:45 am – 12 pm / 1 pm – 4:30 pm
- March: 9:45 am – 5:30 pm
- April – May: 9:15 am – 6 pm
- June – August: 9.15 am – 7 pm
- September: 9:15am – 6pm
- October: 9:45 am – 5:30 pm
Orange City Tour:
This is a city tour, therefore, it is always available. It is recommended to take the tour before sunset.
Know before you book
- This is a combination of a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (accessible through our app) and an entry ticket for the Orange Roman Theatre and Museum
- Walk around Orange with a captivating self-guided audio city tour
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well.
- The course of the visit of the Orange Roman Theatre and Museum may be modified and special restrictions may be imposed. The visitors must always adhere to the guidelines of the site.
- Book per device to be used, not per participant.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 5/5C or older, iPod Touch 5th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Mini 1st generation.
- You will need storage space on your phone (200-300 MB)
- Free and reduced admission tickets do not have to skip the line privileges and can only be acquired at the ticket booth on-site.
- The Roman Theatre is not wheelchair accessible
- The Museum of Orange is partially wheelchair accessible
- The Orange City Tour is suitable for all ages.
- This is a city tour therefore it is wheelchair accessible, please note that some points of interest might not be wheelchair accessible.
- The City of Orange offers 2 hours free parking in the underground car park of the Roman Theatre (Cours Pourtoules).
- Pets on a lead are allowed in the outdoor areas only (excluding the museum).
Know before you go
- Download the ticket(s) & audio tour while on WiFi prior to your visit. Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s).
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- During the hot summer months, it is highly recommended to wear a hat and use sunscreen
- Visitors are advised to wear comfortable sh
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!