$ 10,69 per person
Blue domes. Volcanoes. Spectacular sunsets. Whitewashed houses. Four ingredients are mixed to produce a town that lodges in the collective memory of all who seek true beauty in this world. Oia is often beyond words. But it is also a destination full of history and tradition that transforms a city tour of Oia into a profound experience.
Waltz in Oia with a self-guided audio tour on your phone designed by an accredited expert. Listen to fascinating stories, based on an award-winning storytelling concept, and gain great insights into the most iconic landmarks of Oia. Start your tour from the Church of Panagia Akathistos Hymn(Platsani), the picturesque blue domed church, and continue to explore the rest of the attractions that Oia has to offer. This is an unmissable opportunity to experience at your own pace Oia with a captivating audio tour on your phone.
* * Ticket/entrance fee to any museum, archaeological site, or church is not included.
The sound of waves
The Church of Panagia Platsani is among the largest in Oia. It is also fairly new. It was built in the late 1950s to replace a much older church within the walls of the Venetian castle of Oia that collapsed during a powerful earthquake in 1956. The name Platsani comes from the Greek word for the sound of waves (plats) and refers to the miraculous discovery of the icon of the Virgin Mary at sea.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Self-guided audio tour in English on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Entrance tickets to museums, archaeological sites, or churches are not included.
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the entrance of the Church of Panagia Akathistos Hymn(Platsani), Oia, Santorini 847 00, Greece.
Directions to starting point
The easiest way to get there is by taking the KTEL bus going to Oia from Fira. The tour ends at The windmills at Oia, Santorini, 847 02, Greece.
Three blue domes
The citadel of Agios Nikolaos
Santorini Maritime Museum
It is a city tour no Operating Hours apply.
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for museums, archaeological sites, or churches are not included.
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone, accessible through our app. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Check your spam folder as well
- Book per device to be used, not per participant
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
Know before you go
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s). Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to fully enjoy it.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Please wear sunscreen and a hat during hot summer months
- Visitors are advised to wear comfortable shoes
- Make sure you keep the volume at healthy levels and take breaks to rest your ears.
Contributors and Bibliography
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.