Waltz in the Church of Sant Feliu De Girona with a self-guided audio tour on your phone designed by an accredited expert. Listen to fascinating stories, based on an award-winning storytelling concept, and gain great insights into one of the most iconic landmarks of Girona. Start your tour outside the church, where you can admire its main facade and captivating bell tower, and continue to explore the fascinating interior and its glorious chapels.
This is an unmissable opportunity to experience at your own pace the Church of Sant Feliu De Girona with a captivating audio tour on your phone.
* * Ticket/entrance fee to the Church of Sant Feliu De Girona is not included.
A martyr’s roadside shrine
The earliest evidence we have for a building in this area is from the 4th century, when it was still part of the Roman Empire. Relations between Christians and the Roman Empire were not always smooth. The Christians, who refused to perform the state religious rituals demanded of every citizen, were deemed to pose a threat to the emperor’s authority. For this reason, many emperors persecuted Christians, including Diocletian. In 303 CE, he launched an attack that would claim the life of Sant Feliu, or Saint Felix, to whom this church is dedicated. Afterwards, a martyrium was erected here to commemorate him, and the many other Christians who died, probably at the side of the Via Augusta, the road that passed through the city of Girona.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Self-guided audio tour on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Entrance ticket to the Church of Sant Feliu De Girona
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
Directions to starting point
There is no meeting point. The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the main facade of the Church of Sant Feliu De Girona (Carrer Trasfigueres, 4, 17004 Girona, Spain). The easiest way to get there is to stop at the c. Jaume Pons i Marti bus station (L 12) and take a short 2-minute walk (200 meters) towards the Square of Sant Feliu (Plaça de Sant Feliu), which will lead you directly to the facade.The tour ends at the Sepulchre of the Sitjar’s Family inside the church. You will exit the church through the side exit/entrance (southern facade) the same way you entered from Pujada de Sant Feliu street. This exit is situated near the C. Calderers bus station.
Chapel of Saint Narcissus | Sarcophagus of Saint Felix | Gothic Altarpiece
Recommended visiting hours
Monday to Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Sunday from 1p.m. to 6 p.m.
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for the Church of Sant Feliu De Girona are not included.
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone, accessible through our app. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included.
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- The course of the visit may be modified and special restrictions may be imposed. The visitors must always adhere to the guidelines of the site.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Check your spam folder as well.
- Book per device to be used, not per participant.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB).
- The Church of Sant Feliu De Girona is partly wheelchair accessible.
Know before you go
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s). Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to fully enjoy it.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- The Church of Sant Feliu De Girona is a sacred place of worship, so visitors are kindly requested to conduct themselves in a respectful and reverent manner.
Contributors and Bibliography
© Clio Muse Tours
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!