From per person
Experience the most iconic landmark of Lisbon at your own pace with a ticket for the Belem Tower with a captivating self-guided audio tour on your smartphone.
Receive your e-tickets by email, download the app and the audio tours on your phone, prior to your visit, and travel back in time to experience the grandeur of the Golden Age of Portugal. Do not miss to discover the beautiful city of Lisbon with a self guided audio city tour.
Put on your headphones and discover the top attractions of Lisbon through the power of storytelling and learn historical information and uncommon stories and anecdotes from the Belem Tower’s construction and history. This is your chance to explore Lisbon with a self-guided audio city tour on your phone and lose yourself in the beauty of their stories. Tours’ content is the result of in-depth research, squeezed into brief original stories that will make your visit both engaging and informative. The audio tours can be used repeatedly and anytime, before or after your visit.
This is an unmissable opportunity to gain valuable insights into Lisbon, the emblematic capital of Portugal, and relate to your surroundings in an entirely original way.
Located on the outskirts of the city, close to the point where the Tagus river merges into the Atlantic Ocean, Belém is considered one of the most monumental neighbourhoods of Lisbon. The Belém tower stands at the riverside, surrounded by the manicured Belém Tower gardens and the Forte do Combatente on the right-hand side. Stand next to the Information point to the left of the path leading from the gardens to the monument and listen to the stories of the first stop.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Adult entry ticket to the Belem Tower
- Skip-the-line service
- Self-guided audio tour for the Belem Tower on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- Self-guided audio tour for the city of Lisbon in English, German, French, and Spanish
- An activation link to access your audio tours
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Entrance tickets for any other monuments
- Charged smartphone
Tour: Belém Tower: the departure point of the explorers
Belém Gardens | The Governor’s Hall | The Audience Hall
Belém Gardens (12 mins): What better way to start your tour than a garden just in front of the Tower. Stand here, savor your surroundings and allow Clio Muse to introduce you to the Belem Tower, its usage and importance for Lisbon, and a very small intro into its history.
The Governor’s Hall (15 mins): Owning its name to the city’s 16th-century Governor, this hall is one of the tower’s highlights. Clio Muse is ready to give you all the necessary information about the hall itself but also about the Governor, its administrative power, and the job’s everyday operations.
The Audience Hall (12 mins): We are already on the 3rd floor of the Tower, and we find ourselves in the Audience Hall, a meeting place, similarly structured to the floors below but with very different usage and purpose. Take a closer look at the details on the ceiling and windows, as Clio Muse narrates, explains, and describes the special characteristics of this unique Hall.
Tour: Lisbon City Tour: The Many Colours of Nostalgia
Lisbon Cathedral | Rossio Square | Lisbon Botanic Garden
Lisbon Cathedral (12 mins): The city’s oldest church is definitely not a place to miss if you are a newcomer in Lisbon. Allow Clio Muse to be your faithful guide as she gives all the useful information regarding the church’s history, treasures, and secrets. A certain must-see for anything visiting Lisbon.
Rossio Square (12 mins): Looking for a congregation point? The city’s central meeting spot? Rossio Square is here presenting itself not only as the city’s hottest center, but also as the most artistic and neoclassical corner of Lisbon. Get acquainted with the square, its significance, its secrets, its surroundings, and its special spots as you make your way around Lisbon’s biggest attraction with Clio Muse by your side.
Lisbon Botanic Garden (5 mins): A special city with a unique Garden is what Lisbon is at its heart. Lisbon’s Botanic Garden is all about natural treasures and exotic bliss. Learn more about Lisbon’s special garden, its history, the people behind it along with its importance and usage today.
Tuesday-Sunday 10AM – 5PM
Recommended visiting hours
Lisbon City Tour
This is a city tour, therefore, it is always available. It is recommended to take the tour before sunset.
Know before you book
- This is a combination of a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (accessible through our app) and an entry ticket for the Belem Tower
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well.
- The course of the visit may be modified and special restrictions may be imposed. The visitors must always adhere to the guidelines of the site.
- Book per device to be used, not per participant.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (200-300MB)
- Free and reduced admission tickets do not have to skip the line privileges and can only be acquired at the ticket booth on-site.
- The Belem Tower is not wheelchair accessible
- The city of Lisbon is wheelchair accessible
Know before you go
- Download the ticket(s) & audio tour while on WiFi prior to your visit. Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s).
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Make sure that you have your identity or your passport
- Due to high temperatures, bring with you sun protection
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!