Every city has its own guard; Lisbon has the St. George Castle to protect the citizens and the heritage of the city. Walk through the castle?s walls and explore its history through the centuries,hearing legends and urban myths.
Waltz in St. George Castle with a self-guided audio tour on your phone designed by an accredited expert. Listen to fascinating stories, based on an award-winning storytelling concept, and gain great insights into one of the most iconic landmarks of Lisbon. Start your tour from Arco do Castelo and then continue to find the Castle entrance and begin exploring its interior, before getting to know Dom Afonso Henriques monument, Miradouro do Castelo, and Jardim Romântico, the Romantic gardens
This is an unmissable opportunity to experience at your own pace the St. George Castle with a captivating audio tour on your phone.
* * Ticket/entrance fee to St. George Castle is not included.
Welcome to the oldest area of Lisbon: the hill crowned by St. George's castle! You shall find the entrance under the Arch in Rua do Chao da Freira; walk past it and find Saint George's statue on the wall to your left.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Self-guided audio tour in English on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Entrance fee to the Castle of St. George.
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
There is no meeting point. The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the Arco do Castelo (Rua do Chão da Feira 25, 1100-129 Lisboa, Portugal).
Directions to starting point
It can be accessed by reaching the Castelo bus station (1100-223 Lisbon, Portugal), which is less than 50 meters from the Arco do Castelo.
The tour ends at the Santa Louisa Viewpoint (Largo Santa Luzia, 1100-487 Lisboa, Portugal), directly in front of the Miradouro de Santa Luzia bus station (1100-411 Lisbon, Portugal).
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for the St George Castle are not included.
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (accessible through our app). No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Book per device to be used, not per participant
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 5/5C or older, iPod Touch 5th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Mini 1st generation
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB).
- Not all areas of the Palace are accessible via wheelchair.
Know before you go
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s). Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to fully enjoy it.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well.
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged and that you bring your earphones.
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!