$ 10,69 per person
Any experienced visitor to Corfu admits that the city is too beautiful to take in quickly. Far too many charming corners with spectacular views towards every point of the compass. And so much history, art, and culture you would need two lives to soak it up. But we only live once, so we might try to enjoy a city of breathtaking beauty.
Waltz in Corfu with a self-guided audio tour on your phone designed by an accredited expert. Listen to fascinating stories, based on an award-winning storytelling concept, and gain great insights into the most iconic landmarks of Corfu. Start your tour from the renowned New Venetian Fortress and continue on to immerse yourself in the local culture by exploring the last remaining traditional olive oil soap maker in Corfu, the Patounis factory, getting to know the Ionian parliament, and being mesmerized by the gorgeous Spianada square.
This is an unmissable opportunity to experience at your own pace the beauty and charm of Corfu city with a captivating audio tour on your phone.
Ticket/entrance fee to any museum, castle, or church is not included.
The prized possession
The New Fortress is “new” because it was the second defensive complex built by the Venetians to protect the town of Corfu [the first was the Old Fortress]. From 1386, Corfu was among the most prized possessions of the Republic of Venice, which spared no expense to shield it from the rapacious Ottomans. The New Fortress was built between 1576 and 1645 on a hill overlooking the town. It was designed by the Italian military engineer Ferrante Vitelli (circa 1550-1584).
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Self-guided audio tour on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Entrance tickets to museums, castles, or churches are not included.
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
Directions to starting point
There is no meeting point. The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the New Venetian Fortress. (El. Venizelou 13, Kerkira 491 00). The easiest way to get there is by getting off at the Neo Frourio E bus stop (lines 2B, 15) and then walking 2 minutes (140 m) via Lochagou Spyridonos Vlaikou street to reach the entrance.
The New Venetian Fortress, Patounis’ Soap Factory, Ionian Parliament, Spianada Square, The Old Fortress, Boschetto Garden, Corfu Public Garden, Corfu Museum of Asian Art, Byzantine Museum of Antivouniotissa,Venetian well (Campiello), Holy Church of Saint Spy
Recommended visiting hours
24/7 (Recommended before Sunset)
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for any museums, castles, or churches are not included.
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone, accessible through our app. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Check your spam folder as well
- Book per device to be used, not per participant
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB)
- This is a city tour therefore it is wheelchair accessible, please note that some points of interest might not be wheelchair accessible.
Know before you go
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s). Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to fully enjoy it.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- During the hot summer months, it is highly recommended to wear a hut and use sunscreen
- Visitors are advised to wear comfortable shoes
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.