Experience the Acropolis of Athens and South slope at your own pace with an entry e-ticket and a captivating self-guided audio tour on your smartphone. Receive your ticket by email, download the app and the audio tour on your phone, prior to your visit, and travel back in time to admire the unparalleled excellence of ancient Greek architecture.
Put on your headphones and discover the archaeological site of the theatre of Dionysus, the relics of the Asclepieion, the stunning Odeon of Herodes of Atticus, the temple of Athena Nike, the majestic Propylaea, the Parthenon in its sheer beauty, the peculiar temple of Erechtheum and the Belvedere viewpoint, through the power of storytelling.
Learn both historical information and uncommon stories and anecdotes from ancient times.
Tour’s content is the result of in-depth research, squeezed into brief original stories that will make your visit both engaging and informative. The audio tour can be used repeatedly and anytime, before or after your visit.
This is an unmissable opportunity to experience the glory of Classical Athens and relate to your surroundings in an entirely original way.
Never say never
Time heals all and eventually even the Athenians realized it was time to move on. A new generation, wealthy, strong, and resolute came to power in the middle of the 5th century BCE and decided to express their newfound confidence with a grand architectural program. The mastermind behind it was Pericles, the great Athenian statesman, who envisioned a series of temples on the Acropolis that would provide a large segment of the population with steady employment, while advertising to the Greek world the power and glory of Athens. He entrusted his vision to the greatest sculptor of his time, Phidias, who supervised a brilliant group of architects, stonemasons, and artists.
Select date and participants
There is no meeting point.
The audio tour is designed to begin at the Side Acropolis entrance from the south-east slopes of the hill (Thrasillou, Athens, 105 58).
The easiest way to get there is from the Acropolis metro station (Red Line).
- Adult entry ticket for the Acropolis and the South slope
- Self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (Android & iOS) in English, French & Spanish
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps)
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
Know before you book
- This is a combination of a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (accessible through our app) and an entry ticket for the Acropolis and the South slope
- No live guide or meeting point provided
- You will receive an email with important ticket & audio instructions
- Booking requests received between 22:00 to 7:59 a.m. (UTC+02:00) are served from 8:00 a.m. and on
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 5/5C or older, iPod Touch 5th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Mini 1st generation
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB)
- EU citizens aged 0-25 years old, are entitled to have free admission tickets. However, they have to wait in line to show ID card or passport.
- From 1st of April to 31st of October Non-EU citizens, between 6 to 25 years old, upon presentation of their passport, are entitled to 50% reduced admission.
- Free/reduced admission tickets do not have to skip the line privileges and can only be acquired at the ticket booth on-site.
- Due to the uneven ground, this tour isn’t wheelchair accessible
- To receive a full refund, travellers may cancel up to 24 hours before the experience start date in the local timezone. No refunds will be given after that time period
Know before you go
- Download the ticket(s) & audio tour while on WiFi prior to your visit – no wifi/4G on-site
- Tickets need to be either printed or downloaded on your phone
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Wear comfortable shoes, a hat, and sunscreen during the hot summer months
South Slopes, Propylaea, Parthenon, Theatre of Dionysus, Odeon of Herodes of Atticus, Temple of Athena Nike
- 1 November until 31 March 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- 1 April to 15 May 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- 16 May until 31 August 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- September : 8:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- October: 8:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Why take a self-guided tour?
This is a self-guided tour based on the award-winning storytelling concept developed by Clio Muse and the fascinating narratives prepared by our handpicked destination experts.
You can enjoy each multilingual tour by using your smartphone or tablet at your own pace even if you are offline. The interactive map on your screen will guide you step-by-step as you explore all points of interest along your route. Each stop comes with a selection of our signature stories allowing you to tailor the tour experience to your personal interests and schedule.
After downloading Clio Muse app, you can access this tour and activate it any moment you wish and also repeat it any time. To best enjoy our multimedia self-guided tour (comprising maps, video, audio and text) we recommend the use of headphones.