Waltz in the Valencia Silk Museum with a self-guided audio tour on your phone designed by an accredited expert. Listen to fascinating stories, based on an award-winning storytelling concept, and gain great insights into the most iconic landmark of Valencia. Start your tour from the Museum’s entrance at Carrer del Hospital 7 street and follow the thread back to the city’s centuries old silk making tradition.
This is an unmissable opportunity to experience at your own pace the Valencia Silk Museum with a captivating audio tour on your phone.
* * Ticket/entrance fee to the Silk Museum Valencia is not included.
The Museum Building
The museum building, originally gothic in style, dates back to the 15th century. The main gate comprises a doorway with a stone lintel and a curved pediment. Τhe tympanum (the space inside the pediment) features a cardinal’s hat, while the relief on top features Saint Jerome. A series of renovations in the 18th century saw the building acquire the baroque aesthetics of its ornate architraves under the lintel and the spiral staircase in the hall, which was the work of craftsman Pere Comte. The synthesis is completed by the tiles beneath the balcony, indicative of the city’s long textile heritage. In June 2016, following overall renovation, the once College of High Silk Art opened its doors as the now-celebrated Silk Museum, devoted to Valencia’s silk tradition.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Self-guided audio tour on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Entrance ticket to the Valencia Silk Museum.
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
Charged smartphone, headphones.
Entrance of the Valencia Silk Museum at Carrer de
Directions to starting point
There is no meeting point. The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the entrance of the Valencia Silk Museum at Carrer de l’Hospital, 7, 46001 València. The easiest way to get there is to ride the Line 2 of the Metrovalencia and disembark at the Àngel Guimerà metro station. You will find Carrer del Hospital at a 3 minute distance on foot.
Ticket/entrance fee to the Silk Museum Valencia is not included.
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for the Valencia Silk Museum are not included.
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone, accessible through our app. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Check your spam folder as well
- Book per device to be used, not per participant
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB)
- The Museum features an elevator that provides access to the upper floors.
- Please note that some points of interest may not be wheelchair accessible directly.
Know before you go
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s). Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to fully enjoy it.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!