Waltz in the magnificent city of Segovia with a self-guided audio tour on your phone designed by an accredited expert. Listen to fascinating stories, based on an award-winning storytelling concept, and gain great insights into the most iconic landmarks of Segovia. Start your tour from the city’s famous Roman Aqueduct and continue to explore the city’s most sought after attractions like the magnificent Cathedral and the disney-like Alcazar fortress.
This is an unmissable opportunity to experience at your own pace the city of Segovia with a captivating audio tour on your phone.
**Ticket/entrance fee to any museum, archaeological site, or church is not included.
2,000 Years of History
The aqueduct carried water from the Guadarrama mountains to a Roman camp situated where the Alcázar stands today. Its construction was most likely begun by Emperor Trajan and completed during Adrian's reign in the second century AD. After the collapse of the empire, much of the infrastructure fell into ruin, with Yahya ibn Ismail Al-Mamun, ruler of Toledo Taifa, destroying around 36 arches in 1072. The aqueduct was partly repaired by the Catholic Monarchs in the late 15th century, with additional work taking place over the following three centuries. The structures close to the bridge were removed between 1803 and 1806 to allow repairs and improve structural stability. In 1985, the aqueduct was included in the Unesco World Heritage list, as well as Segovia’s Old Town.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Self-guided audio tour on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Entrance tickets to museums, archaeological sites, or churches are not included.
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
There is no meeting point. The audio tour begins at Segovia’s Aqueduct (Pl. Azoguejo, 1, 40001 Segovia, Spain) that can be easily accessed from the Acueducto bus stop(40001 Segovia, Spain). The easiest way to get there is to take the bus till the Acueducto bus stop and then walk 1 minute approximately to the Aqueduct.
Alcázar / Cathedral / Alhóndiga
Recommended visiting hours
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for the Segovia City Tour are not included.
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone, accessible through our app. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Check your spam folder as well
- Book per device to be used, not per participant
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB)
- The Segovia City Tour is a city tour, hence most parts are wheelchair accessible.
- The Segovia City Tour is suitable for all ages.
Know before you go
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s). Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to fully enjoy it.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Make sure that you wear comfortable shoes, suitable for walking.
- Wear sunscreen and a hat.
Contributors and Bibliography
© Gabriela Garcia
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!