$ 12,82 per person
Waltz in the Cathedral of Segovia with a self-guided audio tour on your phone designed by an accredited expert. Listen to fascinating stories, based on an award-winning storytelling concept, and gain great insights into the most iconic landmark of Segovia. Start your tour from the stunning Saint Fructus Gate and continue to explore the magnificent interior of the temple and its surrounding chapels
This is an unmissable opportunity to experience at your own pace the Cathedral of Segovia with a captivating audio tour on your phone.
* * Ticket/entrance fee to the Cathedral of Segovia is not included.
Saint Fructus, The Bird Lover
Saint Fructus was born in Visigoth Segovia in 642 to a well-to-do family. After receiving a large inheritance following their parents’ death, he persuaded his siblings to give it all up and live in poverty, all in a bid to devote himself to a life of retreat and prayer in caves and small hermitages. In this way he followed the Lord's instruction to the letter: "If you want to be perfect, sell what you have, give it to the poor and then follow me". And this he did without a second thought. It is not known for sure why he was given the nickname "bird lover". According to a legend, he made little birds come out from the wounds of a devotee. Some say that he tamed vultures, while the rest maintain that, well, he just liked birds.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Self-guided audio tour on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Entrance ticket to the Cathedral of Segovia.
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
There is no meeting point. The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the entrance of the Segovia Cathedral(C. Marqués del Arco, 1, 40001 Segovia, Spain). The easiest way to get there is to stop at the Plaza mayor bus stop(40001 Segovia, Spain) and take a 2 minute walk down the C. Marqués del Arco.
Chapel of the Descent from the Cross / Paintings Museum / Second floor of the tower
Opening hours for Segovia Cathedral
Recommended visiting hours
Monday to Sunday 09:00 – 21:30
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for the Cathedral of Segovia are not included.
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone, accessible through our app. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Check your spam folder as well
- Book per device to be used, not per participant
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB)
- Children younger than 8 years old and people with disability more than 65% are granted free entrance.
- Service is taking place Monday to Saturday 10:00 a.m. and Sundays and holidays from 11:00 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
Know before you go
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s). Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to fully enjoy it.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- The Cathedral of Segovia, is a place of worship, thus you are advised to behave accordingly.
- The Cathedral of Segovia is a Catholic Church, hence you are advised to cover your legs and shoulders and remove your hat upon entering.
Contributors and Bibliography
© Clio Muse Tours
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!