$ 10,69 per person
Follow Clio Muse in the streets of Pisa, the exquisite town of Italy known for its Leaning tower. However, the city has so much more to express and showcase apart from its world-renowned Leaning Tower. Take a step and Clio Muse will be your faithful guide in your new city adventure.
Waltz in the city of Pisa with a self-guided audio tour on your phone designed by an accredited expert. Listen to fascinating stories, based on an award-winning storytelling concept, and gain great insights into the most iconic landmarks of Pisa. Start your tour from the Piazza Vittorio Emanuele II and continue to meet Piazzetta Keith Haring, the Santa Maria della Spina Church, get acquainted with the Palazzo Blu and be fascinated by the Logge dei Banchi.
This is an unmissable opportunity to experience at your own pace the city tour of Pisa with a captivating audio tour on your phone.
* * Ticket/entrance fee to any museum, archaeological site, or church is not included.
The father of Italy
The statue depicts Vittorio Emanuele II, the father of the fatherland as he used to be called. He was named King of Italy in 1861, a country united under a single sovereign for the first time since the sixth century. Local legend has it that in 1892 when the statue was unveiled to the public in the presence of his son, King Umberto I, a collective smirk was noticed on the faces of the assembled crowd as they observed the long feather added to the helmet of the bronze figure. The goal of the sculptor, Cesare Zocchi, was to make the figure appear more elongated since the king was, how to say this, a bit chubby. Despite his physical appearance, Vittorio Emanuele, who died in 1878, was an emblematic monarch who unified the country and made Rome the capital once again.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Self-guided audio tour in English on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Entrance tickets to museums, archaeological sites, or churches are not included.
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
Piazza Vittorio Emanuele II
Directions to starting point
The easiest way to get there is by reaching the P.Za Vittorio Emanuele (P.Za Vittorio Emanuele) and you’ll be at the right place to start the tour.
Recommended visiting hours
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for any museums, archaeological sites, or churches are not included.
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone, accessible through our app. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included.
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Check your spam folder as well.
- Book per device to be used, not per participant.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- This is a city tour therefore it is wheelchair accessible, please note that some points of interest might not be wheelchair accessible.
Know before you go
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s). Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to fully enjoy it.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Please wear sunscreen and a hat during the hot summer months
- Visitors are advised to wear comfortable shoes
Contributors and Bibliography
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.