$ 12,82 per person
Reopened in 2007, the Montjuïc Cable Car ambles through the air along one of Barcelona’s most iconic places — the mountain of Montjuïc. We will visit castles, gardens and even an Olympic stadium, all features that remind us of some of the most important moments in cosmopolitan Barcelona’s history so far. Come on and ride the cable car!
Waltz in the Montjuïc Cable car with a self-guided audio tour on your phone designed by an accredited expert. Listen to fascinating stories, based on an award-winning storytelling concept, and gain great insights into one of the most iconic landmarks of Barcelona, the Montjuïc Cable car and its attractions. Start your tour from the Parc Montjuïc Stop and continue to meet Castell Stop, getting acquainted with its unique attractions, and, finally, reach the final Mirador stop.
This is an unmissable opportunity to experience Montjuïc Cable Car at your own pace with a captivating audio tour on your phone.
The cable car’s route starts at Parc de Montjuïc, where the cable car goes directly to Castell de Montjuïc without making any stops. On the return route, the Montjuïc Cable Car stops at Mirador de l’Alcalde. Even though this stop is optional, it is highly recommended if you want to relax in the Miramar Costa i Llobera, Cinto Verdaguer and Joan Brossa gardens, with the best views over Barcelona. The return route ends in Parc de Montjuïc. If you like walking, you can get off at the Mirador stop and continue walking to Parc de Montjuïc.
* * Ticket/entrance fee to the Cable Car is not included.
Cover photo @Ivan Mlinaric / Commons Wikimedia
Just before taking the Cable Car from Parc Montjuïc Stop, go to the left along Avinguda Miramar, with the Cable Car station behind you, until you reach the Plaza de Neptú. Then take the first street on the right, Passeig de Santa Madrona, and walk for about five minutes until you reach a crossroad. Then, continue straight along to the Montanyans Avenue until you see the Museum.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Self-guided audio tour in English on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Entrance tickets to the Cable Car is not included.
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the telefèric de montjuïc (Barcelona cable car) (Avinguda Miramar, 30, 08038 Barcelona, Spain).
The cable car’s route starts at Parc de Montjuïc, where the cable car goes directly to Castell de Montjuïc without making any stops. On the return route, the Montjuïc Cable Car stops at Mirador de l’Alcalde. This stop is optional, but highly recommended to relax in the Miramar Costa i Llobera, Cinto Verdaguer and Joan Brossa gardens, with the best views over Barcelona. The return route ends in Parc de Montjuïc. However, if you like walking, you can get off at the Mirador stop and continue walking to Parc de Montjuïc.
Directions to starting point
The easiest way to get there is by reaching the Av Miramar – Estació del Funicular (08038 Barcelona, Spain) which is 50 meters from the Cable Car entrance.
|From January to February:||from 10.00 am to 6.00 pm|
|From March to May:||from 10.00 am to 7.00 pm|
|From June to September:||from 10.00 am to 9.00 pm|
|October:||from 10.00 am to 7.00 pm|
|From November to December:||from 10.00 am to 6.00 pm|
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for Montjuïc Cable Car are not included.
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone, accessible through our app. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included.
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Check your spam folder as well.
- Book per device to be used, not per participant.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB).
Know before you go
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s). Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to fully enjoy it.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Visitors are advised to wear comfortable shoes
Contributors and Bibliography
Stop 1: © AwOiSoAk KaOsIoWa / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 2: © John Quine / Flickr
Stop 3: © Ashley Pomeroy / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 4: © Nxr-at / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 5: © J hewitt / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 6: © Canaan / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 7: © Alessandro Grussu / Flickr
Stop 8: © Jordiferrer / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 9: © Jorge Franganillo / Flickr
Stop 10: © Jorge Franganillo / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 11: © Jorge Franganillo / Commons Wikimedia
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!