$ 10,69 per person
Though famous for its casinos, Macau is more than a gambling destination for thrill and pleasure . Its unique blend of European and Chinese culture make this crossroads of different nationalities and habits a fascinating city to discover.
Waltz in the city of Macau with a self-guided audio tour on your phone designed by an accredited expert. Listen to fascinating stories, based on an award-winning storytelling concept, and gain great insights into the most iconic landmarks of Macau. Start your tour from the Ruins of St. Paul and continue to meet Camoes Garden, get acquainted with the Senado Square and be fascinated by the Moorish Barracks.
This is an unmissable opportunity to experience at your own pace the (venue name) with a captivating audio tour on your phone.
* * Ticket/entrance fee to any museum, archaeological site, or church is not included.
Spread the Word
The ruins of St. Paul, considered Macau’s most famous landmark, are the remains of a 17th century Catholic church. A spate of fires in 1595 and 1601 burnt down the then-existing church, though reconstruction began in 1602. Dedicated to Mater Dei (Mother of God), the church was inaugurated on Christmans Eve 1603. At the time, it was one of the largest Catholic churches in Asia, and to this day is a testament of the Jesuit presence in Asia. The Jesuits, also known as the Society of Jesus, are a religious order focusing on evangelizing that has been spreading Catholicism throughout the world since the 16th century. Macau was their entry port into China, and the base of operations for the Western world’s first sinologist, the Italian Jesuit Matteo Ricci who arrived in 1582 and began to study the Chinese language. Ricci founded the Jesuit Mission in China, and became the first European to enter the Forbidden City in Beijing. The university on these grounds taught theology, geography, and the languages Jesuits would need to continue on their missions.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Self-guided audio tour in English on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Entrance tickets to any museums, archaeological sites, or churches are not included.
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
There is no meeting point. The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the Ruins of St. Paul (5GXR+38 Macau, Macao). The easiest way to get there is by reaching the Rua De Tomas Vieira bus station and then walking 220 meters towards the Ruins. The tour ends at the Ah-Ma Temple (5GPJ+FG Macau, Macao) near the A-MA Temple bus stop.
Directions to starting point
There is no meeting point. The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the Ruins of St. Paul (5GXR+38 Macau, Macao). The easiest way to get there is by reaching the Rua De Tomas Vieira bus station and then walking 220 meters towards the Ruins.
- Ruins of St. Paul,
- Monte Forte,
- Travessa da Paixão,
- Guia Lighthouse and Fortress,
- Camoes Garden,
- Senado Square,
- Dom Petro V Theatre,
- Casa do Mandarim,
- Moorish Barracks,
- Ah- Ma Temple
Recommended visiting hours
24/7 (it is recommended to have the tour before sunset)
The entrance fee for attractions or museums is not included
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for any museums, archaeological sites, or churches are not included.
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone, accessible through our app. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Check your spam folder as well
- Book per device to be used, not per participant
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB) This is a city tour therefore it is wheelchair accessible, please note that some points of interest might not be wheelchair accessible.
Know before you go
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s). Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to fully enjoy it.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Please wear sunscreen and a hat during the hot summer months
- Visitors are advised to wear comfortable shoes
Contributors and Bibliography
Stop 10: © Sublime China
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!