$ 10,69 per person
The tour will take you on a fascinating cultural quest as stop by stop, it shall peel off the layers of history that make up the unique identity of Hong Kong; a journey stretching across time, from the colonial period to the Qing Dynasty. Complex and diverse, the city is a melting pot of cultures; time to unlock its secrets!
Waltz in Hong Kong with a self-guided audio tour on your phone designed by an accredited expert. Listen to fascinating stories, based on an award-winning storytelling concept, and gain great insights into the long and fascinating history of Hong Kong. Start your tour from Hong Kong Park, one of the landmarks of the city and a true oasis in the centre of it, and then continue to explore the best sites of Hong Kong, feeling like a local. This is an unmissable opportunity to experience this fascinating city at your own pace and find out the hidden corners of it with a captivating audio tour on your phone.
* * Ticket/entrance fee to the museums or other attractions and monuments is not included.
Cover photo: © Tan Kian Khoon/Fotolia / https://www.britannica.com/place/Hong-Kong
Cover photo: © WiNG / Common Wikimedia
The Colonial Heritage
80,000 square meters of lush greenery now cover this space, once known as Cantonment Hill. In 1841, the British colonial forces built the Victoria Barracks, one of the 1st British military compounds in Hong Kong. Hong Kong would be a British colony, part of the larger British Empire, from 1841 to 1997, creating a society, segregated between Europeans and Asians, that followed the British cultural norms, such as teatime. As you wander around the city, you will see many historical buildings, such as Cassels Block, Wavell House, Rawlinson House, and Flagstaff House. Some of their typical elements are the Greco-Roman columns, the white colour and the flat-fronted wood shuttered windows that can be found throughout former British colonies in Asia. This park also features extensive greenhouses, an aviary, and a tai chi garden, where many people practice tai chi amongst the pavilions, usually in the mornings. This is a practice more than 2000 years old that originally developed as a martial art and today is recognized with several health benefits associated with longevity.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (Android & iOS) in English
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps)
- Link to activate and access your audio tour
- Entrance fee to the museums and monuments
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- Charged smartphone
Directions to starting point
- Hong Kong Park
- Statue Square
- Tai Kwun
- Pak Tsz Lane Park
- Man Mo Temple
- Ladder Street
- Tai Ping Shan Street
- Possession Street
- Central–Mid-Levels escalator
- Star Ferry Pier
Recommended visiting hours
It is recommended to have the tour before sunset
Please consider that admission fees for the museums, attractions, and monuments are not included.
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for the museums, attractions, and monuments are not included.
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (accessible through our app)
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- You will receive an email from the local supplier with important audio instructions. on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Book per device to be used, not per participant
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6 or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB)
- Please keep in mind that it is a walking city tour and for that reason it is wheelchair accessible.
Know before you go
- Receive an email from the local supplier with important audio instructions. Check your spam folder as well.
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Wear comfortable shoes and hat or sunscreen (during spring and summer)
- It is better to have the tour before the sunset and preferably in the morning.
Contributors and Bibliography
- Image Credits:
Stop 1: ©Wilfredor / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 2: ©PC652107~commonswiki / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 3: ©Wpcpey / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 4: ©Duncan.france / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 5: ©Man Mo Temple in Hong Kong / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 6: ©BlakeGD312 / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 7: @Ho Mei Mei Wang Sze / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 8: ©https://web.archive.org/web/20161014160501/http://www.panoramio.com/photo/33610105/ Commons Wikimedia
Stop 9: ©Wpcpey / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 10: ©BrokenSphere / Commons Wikimedia
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.