$ 12,82 per person
Waltz in the Granada Cathedral with a self-guided audio tour on your phone designed by an accredited expert. Listen to fascinating stories, based on an award-winning storytelling concept, and gain great insights into the most iconic landmark of Granada. Start your tour from the stunning facade at Plaza de las Pasiegas and continue to explore the captivating interior and the famous chapels. This is an unmissable opportunity to experience at your own pace the Granada Cathedral with a captivating audio tour on your phone.
* * Ticket/entrance fee to the Granada Cathedral or the Royal Chapel is not included.
Plaza De Las Pasiegas
The sumptuous main façade looks towards the Plaza de las Pasiegas. The square honours hundreds of women from the Pas Valley, northern Spain, who left their homes to be wet nurses of wealthy families in Nasrid. The journey took weeks. To keep themselves lactating, the nurses, who were mothers themselves, breastfed a puppy on their trip to Granada. Once in the city, they made their way to the then, Plaza de las Flores (Flowers Square) to find employment. The nurses quickly rose to fame due to their popularity with the Royal Family, who they thought made the best newborn nannies. The trapezoidal square we know today was created in 1692 after the demolition of 2 schools: San Miguel and Santa Catalina.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Self-guided audio tour in English on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Entrance ticket to the Granada Cathedral is not included.
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
Entrance of the Granada Cathedral
Directions to starting point
There is no meeting point. The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the entrance of the Granada Cathedral (Calle Gran Vía de Colón, 5, 18001 Granada, Spain). The easiest way to get there is by metro, using the Metropolitano Alcazar Genil metro station, (Cam. de Rda., 82, 18004 Granada, Spain) and walk for approximately 10 minutes or by bus stopping at Gran Vía 14 – Catedral bus stop and walking for 1 minute till the C. Carcel Baja where the entrance to the Cathedral is located.
Recommended visiting hours
- Granada Cathedral
Monday – Saturday From 10:00 to 18:30
Sunday and Bank holidays From 15:00 to 18:15
- Royal Chapel
Monday to Saturday: 10:15 – 18:30
Sunday and religious festivity: 11:00 – 18:00
12 October & 2 January only open in the afternoon after 15:00
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for the Granada Cathedral or the Royal Chapel are not included.
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone, accessible through our app. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Check your spam folder as well
- Book per device to be used, not per participant
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB)
- The site is wheelchair accessible.
- No tourist visits are allowed while service takes place.
- Pets are not allowed on the site.
Know before you go
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s). Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to fully enjoy it.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- The Cathedral is considered sacred space so visitors are advised to act accordingly
- Visitors are requested to take off their hats upon entrance
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!