From $ 10,69 per person
Waltz in the Ellis Island & National Immigration Museum with a self-guided audio tour on your phone designed by an accredited expert. Listen to fascinating stories, based on an award-winning storytelling concept, and gain great insights into one of the most iconic landmarks of (New York). Start your tour from the impressive entrance of the museum, learn the history of the island and why it was named Ellis and then continue to explore its interior while the history of immigration in the States and life stories of the immigrants are going to be unfolded.
This is an unmissable opportunity to experience at your own pace the Ellis Island & National Immigration Museum with a captivating audio tour on your phone.
The island of hope
For 62 years –from 1892 to 1954– the island housed the biggest and most active immigration processing station in the United States. From 1900, it was all housed in the large building in front of you. Here, federal immigration inspectors processed the arrival of over twelve million immigrants. A truly staggering number. For those new arrivals who successfully passed through Ellis Island, this marked just one stop on their journey either north or west. But for many immigrants, their next stop was across the harbour to New York City.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Self-guided audio tour on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Ferry transportation fees
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
Directions to starting point
There is no meeting point. The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the entrance of Ellis National Immigration Museum easily accessed from the ferry dock. To get to Ellis Island you should take the ferry. The tour ends in front of the Ellis Island Ferry Building
- Ellis Island’s Immigration Museum,
- American Immigrant Wall of Honor,
- Ellis Island Ferry Building
Every Day 09:00 AM – 05:00 PM
Know before you book
- Please consider that the ferry transportation fees are not included
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone, accessible through our app. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- The course of the visit may be modified and special restrictions may be imposed. The visitors must always adhere to the guidelines of the site.”
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Check your spam folder as well
- Book per device to be used, not per participant
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 5/5C or older, iPod Touch 5th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Mini 1st generation
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB)
- The site is wheelchair accessible
- The tour is suitable for everyone from 16 years old
Know before you go
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s). Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to fully enjoy it.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Large packages, suitcases, carry-on luggages are not allowed in Ellis Island
- There are no locker storage facilities in Ellis Island
- Before boarding on the ferry, the visitors should submit an airport-style security screening.
Contributors and Bibliography
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.