$ 10,69 per person
Once the center of the Caliphate of Cordoba under the rule of Umayyad Islamic Dynasty, this city of proud Roman origins saw the arts and sciences flourish to become one of the greatest cultural centers in the history of civilization. Enter the maze of its cobblestones and whitewashed streets and travel in time!
Waltz in the city of Cordoba with a self-guided audio tour on your phone designed by an accredited expert. Listen to fascinating stories, based on an award-winning storytelling concept, and gain great insights into the most iconic landmarks of Cordoba. Start your tour from the Great Mosque of Cordoba and continue to meet the Alcazar of the Christian Monarchs, get acquainted with the San Juan de los Caballeros minaret, and be fascinated by the Palacio de los Páez de Castillejo
This is an unmissable opportunity to experience at your own pace the city tour of Cordoba with a captivating audio tour on your phone.
* * Ticket/entrance fee to any museum, archaeological site, or church is not included.
The arrival of Islam
After the fall of the Roman Empire, a Germanic people named the Visigoths occupied the Iberian Peninsula, creating a kingdom with its capital in Toledo. In the year 711, this kingdom was in the middle of a civil war. A foreign army composed of Arabs and Berbers took advantage by entering the territory from the Strait of Gibraltar, and began to exert its influence, sometimes by military conquest, sometimes by treaties and pacts. These troops brought with them a new religion that had been born in the Middle East and successfully spread far and wide: Islam. After being defeated at Poitiers in 732 by the Franks, the Muslims decided not to advance further north and instead settled, occupying three quarters of Iberia. They dismantled the Visigothic kingdom to create a new state, Al-Andalus. From this name derives the name of the region of southern Spain where modern Cordoba is located, Andalusia!
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Self-guided audio tour in English on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Entrance tickets to museums, archaeological sites, or churches are not included.
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
Charged smartphone, headphones, (comfortable shoes, hat & sunscreen)
Directions to starting point
There is no meeting point. The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the Great Mosque of Cordoba (C. Cardenal Herrero, 1, 14003 Córdoba, Spain). The easiest way to get there is by reaching the Puerta del Puente bus stop (14003, Córdoba, Spain) and by walking 300 meters towards the Great Mosque.
Recommended visiting hours
24/7 (it is recommended to have the tour before sunset)
The entrance fee for attractions or museums is not included
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for any museums, archaeological sites, or churches are not included.
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone, accessible through our app. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included.
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Check your spam folder as well.
- Book per device to be used, not per participant.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB).
- This is a city tour therefore it is wheelchair accessible, please note that some points of interest might not be wheelchair accessible.
Know before you go
- Admission fees are not included in this product
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s). Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to fully enjoy it
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Please wear sunscreen and a hat during the hot summer months
- Visitors are advised to wear comfortable shoes
Contributors and Bibliography
Central: © Wolfgang Manousek / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 1: © Toni Castillo Quero / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 2: © Jose Luiz / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 3: © waldomiguez / Pixabay
Stop 4: © waldomiguez / Pixabay
Stop 5: © Spencer Means / Flickr
Stop 6: © Roland Unger / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 7: © fraboof /Commons Wikimedia
Stop 8: © Lancastermerrin88 / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 9: © JamesNarmer / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 10: © Américo Toledano / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 11: © Jerzy Kociatkiewicz / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 12: © Eric Titcombe / Commons Wikimedia
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!