Experience the Colosseum from the comfort of your home with an engaging self-guided virtual tour, narrated in English, from your PC or smartphone browser. It’s so simple! You will receive an email with the tour link with instructions and, in a couple of minutes, you will travel back in time and enjoy a virtual journey from the comfort of your couch!
Through the power of storytelling combined with street and satellite views, you will learn not only about historical facts but also discover unknown stories and tales of ancient and modern times that will amaze your family and friends. The tour’s content is the result of in-depth research, squeezed into brief intriguing stories that will make your virtual visit both engaging and informative. The tour is only available online and you can access it repeatedly and anytime.
This is an unmissable opportunity to gain valuable insights into the life and fights of the legendary gladiators and immerse yourself in the surroundings in an entirely innovative way.
Let's get the party started!
The construction of the Colosseum began during the reign of Emperor Vespasian, but it was his son Titus who inaugurated the amphitheater, in the year 80 CE. The opening ceremony was held with all the spectacle and grandeur that the event had to entail. Three-month long games were organized as part of the grand inauguration with the events being scheduled according to the customary way; the hunts in the morning, the executions at midday and the gladiatorial combats in the afternoon. Of course, all this was realized at the expense of human lives and thousands of animals, as 2000 gladiators and 9000 animals died during Titus’ inauguration games.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Virtual Self-guided Tour for the Colosseum with satellite & street view
- Audio content with engaging original stories in English
- Live Guide
- Offline access
- Desktop, laptop or smartphone device
- Internet connection
Arena: The reconstructed Arena evokes memories of the ancient gladiators, coming to blows in a life or death combat, Here, you can sense the thirst of the Romans for grand spectacles, even mock sea-battles!
Cavea: In the crater-like Cavea, the amphitheater’s seats, you’ll recapture the amazement of the ancient Romans, who shouted and cheered in full swing at the sight of blood. The stories of the wild animals and the desperate men waiting to meet death are bound to get you deep into the brutal heart of the Colosseum!
Arch of Constantine: Once you’ve explored the Colosseum from inside, you’ll continue your virtual tour to experience the surroundings of the grand amphitheater. The tour will guide your steps to the impressive triumphal arch of Constantine, where you’ll learn about his ascendance to the throne and the victory of Christianity over Paganism.
Know before you book
- This is a virtual tour for the Colosseum that you can take from the comfort of your home and feel like you were there
- No live guide or meeting point required
- You will receive an email with instructions on how to access your tour via a link. Check your spam folder as well
- No special equipment is needed (i.e. special glasses). However, earphones or headphones are highly recommended to enjoy the experience.
- This product can be accessed from any web browser and requires internet connection. The tour is available only online. The virtual tour doesn’t require a visit to the site
Cancellation Policy: This product cannot be refunded once activated.