$ 12,82 per person
Waltz in the Castell de Castelldefels with a self-guided audio tour on your phone designed by an accredited expert. Listen to fascinating stories, based on an award-winning storytelling concept, and gain great insights into the most iconic landmark of the charming city of Castelldefels. Start your tour from the imposing watchtower, outside the castle, and then continue to explore its interior, the famous gardens and the impressive interactive exhibition about piracy. This is an unmissable opportunity
This is an unmissable opportunity to experience at your own pace the Castell de Castelldefels with a captivating audio tour on your phone.
* * Ticket/entrance fee to the Castell de Castelldefels is not included.
Castelldefels, a little about its origins
Although Iberian and Roman archaeological remains have surfaced in the region, the population of Castelldefels did not begin to take shape until the 9th and 10th centuries. During this later period, the so-called "Spanish Marca" was formed, a territorial buffer between the Islamic emirate of the Umayyad and the Carolingian kingdom of the Franks. The fortifications cast protective shadows over entire villages, like Castelldefels. Naturally, the first record on Castelldefels dates to that period, specifically to 967. The text recounts the church of Santa Maria, "which is in Kastrum Felix". Going by the document, the church and a castle existed in 967. However, not the iconic castle we know today – that was a later addition.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Self-guided audio tour on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Entrance ticket to the Castell de Castelldefels
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
There is no meeting point. The self-guided audio tour is designed to start in front of the parking lot at the Plaça del Castell where a ruined tower is located (Plaça del castell, 1, 08860 Castelldefels, Barcelona). The easiest way to get there is by train (Rodalies Renfe. Castelldefels train stop) or bus (Dr. Marañón – Pl. Joan XXIII bus stop).
Castle Gardens | Piratia Exhibition | Santa Maria Church | Can Gomar Tower
Opening hours for Castell de Castelldefels
Recommended visiting hours
Summer opening hours (from April 1st on): From Tuesday to Sunday, 10am to 7pm.*
*Last entrance to the castle at 6pm.
Winter opening hours (from October 1st on): Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays from 10am to 6pm.*
*Last entrance to the castle at 5pm.
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for the Castell de Castelldefels are not included.
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone, accessible through our app. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Check your spam folder as well
- Book per device to be used, not per participant
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB)
- The castle is wheelchair accessible. There is a lift that allows access to the castle.
- The tour is ideal for all ages, even for children (8-12 years old)
Know before you go
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s). Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to fully enjoy it.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Visitors are advised to wear comfortable shoes (especially for the access to the viewpoints)
Contributors and Bibliography
© Clio Muse Tours
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!