Self guided audio tours on your phone for the top attractions in Rhodes
Enjoy a visit to the city of Rhodes and to the Palace of the Grand Master with two self guided audio tours on your phone. Discover the history and the exquisite monuments of Rhodes through a fascinating walking tour and then delve into the achievements of the Knights Hospitaller, admiring the grandeur of the Palace of the Grand Master.
The Palace of the Grand Master is located at the top of Ippoton (Knights) Street, at the highest point of the medieval city. It can be reached either from the west via the D'Amboise gate, or from the Arnaldo gate or the Freedom gate and going up Ippoton (Knights) Street.
A grumpy man with a PhD. He is fascinated by words; when he sees them forming beautiful sentences he feels like an apprentice wizard who just produced fancy potions out of cauldrons full of frog legs and tears of bats. In his spare time he roams about town or watches anything produced and narrated by Sir David Attenborough, an inexhaustible source of similes. In Canada, he learned to love the cold, but he is much happier working in Athens.
The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the entrance of the Palace of the Grand Master. It can be reached either from the west via the D’Amboise gate, or from the Arnaldo gate or the Freedom gate and going up Ippoton (Knights) Street. The only way to get there is by car until the gates and then on foot. Concerning the Rhodes City Tour, there is no meeting point.
- Two self-guided audio tours for your smartphone (Android & iOS) in English
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps)
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fee for the Palace of the Grand Master
- Entrance fee for other monuments or attractions
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Know before you book
- This is a combination of 2 downloadable self-guided audio tours for your smartphone , accessible through our app. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included.
- Please consider that admission fees for the Palace of the Grand Master and other monuments or attractions are not included.
- The 2 audio tours cover the Palace of the Grand Master and the city of Rhodes
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well.
- Book per device to be used, not per participant.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 5/5C or older, iPod Touch 5th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Mini 1st generation.
- You will need storage space on your phone (350 MB).
- Please note that only a limited area of the Palace of the Grand Master is wheelchair accessible.
Know before you go
- (Marketplace name) Voucher is not your entry ticket and is not accepted at the site
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s). Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to fully enjoy it.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Wear comfortable shoes, a hat and sunscreen during the hot summer months (notice for Rhodes city tour).
- It is better to have the city tour before the sunset and preferably in the morning.
- Monumental Entrance,
- Inner Courtyard,
- Tropaion Room,
- Laocoön Room,
- Medusa Room,
- Tiger Room,
- Ribbed Vault Room,
- Colonnades Room,
- Thyrsus Room,
- Nymph and Seahorse Room,
- Dolphins Room,
- Gladiator Corridor,
- Malta Room,
- Nine Muses Room,
- Stall Room
- Rhodes Aquarium,
- Casino Rodos,
- Palazzo del Governo,
- Town Hall,
- The Catholic Church of San Giovanni,
- Bronze deer at the harbour (Mandraki Marina),
- Fort of Saint Nicholas,
- New Market,
- Gate of Saint Paul,
- Marine Gate,
- Hippocrates Square,
Opening hours for the Palace of the Grand Master:
From 14 May 2021
Daily 08:00 – 20:00
Recommended visiting hours
Opening hours for the Palace of the Grand Master:
From 1 April to 31 October 2021: Monday and Wednesday – Sunday: 8:00 – 17:30, Tuesday: 10:00 – 17:30
From 1 November to 31 December 2020: Monday and Wednesday – Sunday: 8:00 – 14:30 Tuesday: 10:00 – 14:30
From 1 January to 31 March 2021: Monday and Wednesday – Sunday: 09:00 – 13:30, Tuesday: 10:00 – 14:30.
Directions to Starting Point
The Palace of the Grand Master audio tour begins at the entrance of the Palace of the Grand Master. It can be reached either from the west via the D’Amboise gate, or from the Arnaldo gate or the Freedom gate and going up Ippoton (Knights) Street. The only way to get there is by car until the gates and then on foot.
The Rhodes city audio tour begins in Rhodes Aquarium. The easiest way to get there is on foot or by car.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Why take a self-guided tour?
This is a self-guided tour based on the award-winning storytelling concept developed by Clio Muse and the fascinating narratives prepared by our handpicked destination experts.
You can enjoy each multilingual tour by using your smartphone or tablet at your own pace even if you are offline. The interactive map on your screen will guide you step-by-step as you explore all points of interest along your route. Each stop comes with a selection of our signature stories allowing you to tailor the tour experience to your personal interests and schedule.
After downloading Clio Muse app, you can access this tour and activate it any moment you wish and also repeat it any time. To best enjoy our multimedia self-guided tour (comprising maps, video, audio and text) we recommend the use of headphones.