London City tour: From Westminster to Trafalgar
Waltz in London’s city centre, from Westminster to Trafalgar, with a self-guided audio tour on your phone designed by an accredited expert. Listen to fascinating stories, based on an award-winning storytelling concept, and gain great insights into the fascinating history of London. Start your tour from Westminster Abbey, one of the landmarks of London, and then continue to explore the best sites of the city’s centre, feeling like a local. This is an unmissable opportunity to experience at your own pace London and find out the hidden corners of it with a captivating audio tour on your phone.
* * Ticket/entrance fee to the museums or other sites is not included.
Rising From the Ashes
The Houses of Parliament are also known as the Palace of Westminster. The Royal Palace did indeed stand here on the banks of the River Thames, before it was devastated by the Great Fire of 1834. The design of the current complex was entrusted to the architects Charles Barry and Augustin Pugin. Construction of the new palace began in 1840 and competed in 1870. Despite the dominance of Neoclassicism during this period, the palace is a perfect example of Gothic revival architecture and home to both The House of Commons and The House of Lords. The famous clock tower next to it is actually called 'Elizabeth Tower'; Big Ben is the name given to the bell inside it that chimes the time. Tip: The Parliament is open to the public and you can either attend the public galleries to witness parliamentary debates for free or purchase a ticket for a guided/audio tour on certain days of the week.
Let me show you London
We offer professional local guides, delivering fantastic, in-depth London tours. Our team of expert Blue Badge guides know London like the back of their hands and so you will get to know the city like a local on one of our London Tours.
Contributors and Bibliography
© All images are provided by: https://www.letmeshowyoulondon.com/
The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the entrance of the Westminster Abbey’s shop. The easiest way to get there is on foot or by metro.The nearest metro stations are Westminster and St.James’s Park. The tour ends at Trafalgar Square, located near Charing Cross station.
- Self-guided audio tour in English on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps)
- Entrance fees/tickets to sites
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Know before you book
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- Admission fees are not included in the price.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access your audio tour
- An Android or iOS smartphone is required
- The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 5/5C or older, iPod Touch 5th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Mini 1st generation
- Please ensure you have enough storage space (100-150 MB)
- Book per device to be used, not per participant
- Non refundable once activated.
Know before you go
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s). Download the audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to avoid connectivity issues and enjoy it offline
- The audio tour can be used repeatedly both online and offline
- Ensure you have a fully charged device and earphones/headphones
- Visitors are advised to wear comfortable shoes
Westminster (Parliament Square, Whitehall, Buckingham Palace, The Mall, Trafalgar Square)
Recommended visiting hours
Daylight hours ideally between 07:00 and 20:00
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Why take a self-guided tour?
This is a self-guided tour based on the award-winning storytelling concept developed by Clio Muse and the fascinating narratives prepared by our handpicked destination experts.
You can enjoy each multilingual tour by using your smartphone or tablet at your own pace even if you are offline. The interactive map on your screen will guide you step-by-step as you explore all points of interest along your route. Each stop comes with a selection of our signature stories allowing you to tailor the tour experience to your personal interests and schedule.
After downloading Clio Muse app, you can access this tour and activate it any moment you wish and also repeat it any time. To best enjoy our multimedia self-guided tour (comprising maps, video, audio and text) we recommend the use of headphones.