$ 16,03 per person
Waltz in Liberty Island, home of the Statue of Liberty, and then in Ellis Island, visiting the Immigration Museum with two self-guided audio tours on your phone designed by an accredited expert. Listen to fascinating stories, based on an award-winning storytelling concept, and gain great insights into the most iconic landmarks of New York City. Start your tour from the ferry admiring the New York skyline and its breathtaking architecture, and then continue to explore Liberty island and finally see the famous Statue of Liberty from a closed distance. Then, take the ferry to continue your visit to the Ellis Island, known as the Island of hope, visiting the former immigration station transformed into the National Immigration Museum
This is an unmissable opportunity to experience at your own pace the Liberty Island and the Ellis Island- Immigration Museum with two captivating audio tours on your phone.
* * Ticket/entrance fee to the Statue of Liberty Crown and to the pedestal or inside the statue area is not included.
The island of hope
For 62 years –from 1892 to 1954– this island housed the biggest and most active immigration processing station in the United States. From 1900, it was all housed in the large building in front of you. Here, federal immigration inspectors processed the arrival of over twelve million immigrants. A truly staggering number. For those new arrivals who successfully passed through Ellis Island, this marked just one stop on their journey either north or west. But for many immigrants, their next stop was across the harbour to New York City.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Two self-guided audio tours on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tours
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Entrance ticket to the Statue of Liberty Crown and to the pedestal or inside the statute area
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
- Liberty Island
Monday-Sunday: 9:00 AM- 5:45 PM
- Ellis Island
Monday- Sunday: 9:00 AM- 5:00 PM
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for the torch, the pedestal and inside the Liberty statue area are not included.
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone, accessible through our app. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- The course of the visits may be modified and special restrictions may be imposed. The visitors must always adhere to the guidelines of the site.”
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Check your spam folder as well
- Book per device to be used, not per participant
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 5/5C or older, iPod Touch 5th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Mini 1st generation
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB)
- The sites (Liberty Island and Ellis Island- Immigration Museum) are wheelchair accessible
- People aged under 17 must be accompanied by a responsible adult 25 years old or older
- Children aged 0-3 are free
- The tour is suitable for everyone from 16 years old
Know before you go
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s). Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to fully enjoy it.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- There is a mandatory airport-grade security screening prior to boarding the ferry All prohibited items will be confiscated and retained by the United States Park Police
- Large bags and luggages are not permitted
- Glass objects are not allowed
- Drones are not allowed
- You should have your ID card or your passport
- There are no locker storage facilities in Ellis Island
Contributors and Bibliography
Ellis Island & National Immigration Museum Tour:
Stop 17: © Danier Pecoraro
Stop 18: © Danier Pecoraro
The Liberty Island Tour:
Central: © William Warby Wikimedia
Stop 1. © Percival Kestreltail Wikimedia
Stop 2. © Pablo Costa Tirado Wikimedia
Stop 3. © Daniel Pecoraro
Stop 4. © Epicgenius Wikimedia
Stop 6. © Drios01 Wikimedia
Stop 7. © Dominique James Wikimedia
Stop 8. © Stefano Brivio Wikimedia
Stop 9. © Daniel Pecoraro
Stop 10. © Nicolas Pamart Wikimedia
Stop 11. © Raphael Isla Wikimedia
Stop 12. © Lesekreis Wikimedia
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.