This historic world-famous landmark in Midtown Manhattan is not simply a transportation hub — it’s also a shopping, dining, and cultural destination all under one magnificent roof. Opened to the public in February 1913, Grand Central Terminal is a story of great engineering, survival, and rebirth.
Waltz in the Grand Central Terminal with a self-guided audio tour on your phone designed by an accredited expert. Listen to fascinating stories, based on an award-winning storytelling concept, and gain great insights into one of the most well known and popular locations of New York City. Start your tour from the Information Booth to get a glimpse of the Grand Central Terminal and then continue to explore its grandiose interior. This is an unmissable opportunity to experience at your own pace the Grand Central Terminal with a captivating audio tour on your phone.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Self-guided audio tour on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
- Information Booth,
- Train Travel Heyday,
- Main Concourse,
- North Side,
- Pershing Square,
- Tiffany Clock,
- Glory of Commerce,
- Vanderbilt Statu,
- Onassis Foyer,
- Vanderbilt Hall,
- Ball Clock,
- Oyster Bar,
- Daily 5:15 AM – 2:00 AM
- Grand Central Market: Monday – Friday: 8am – 8pm Saturday & Sunday: 11am – 5pm
- Onassis Foyer 9:00am – 5:00pm
Recommended visiting hours
It is recommended to have the tour during the opening hours of the Grand Central Market, of the Transit Museum and of the shops.
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for special events in the Grand Central Terminal are not included.
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone, accessible through our app. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- The course of the visit may be modified and special restrictions may be imposed. The visitors must always adhere to the guidelines of the site.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Check your spam folder as well
- Book per device to be used, not per participant
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB)
- Grand Central Terminal is wheelchair accessible
- The Grand Central Terminal does not provide wheelchair rentals
Know before you go
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site. Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to fully enjoy it.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- There is no luggage storage space in the Grand Central Terminal
- Pets are allowed as long as they are in a cage or container or on a leash
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!