$ 12,82 per person
Waltz in Fort St. Angelo with a self-guided audio tour on your phone designed by an accredited expert. Listen to fascinating stories, based on an award-winning storytelling concept, and gain great insights into the most iconic landmark of Birgu. Start your tour from Fort St. Angelo’s deep and daring moat and continue to explore the story of the Fortress and its inhabitants as it unravels before your eyes.
This is an unmissable opportunity to experience at your own pace Fort St. Angelo with a captivating audio tour on your phone.
* * Ticket/entrance fee to Fort St. Angelo is not included.
The centre of Mediterranean trade
Right now, you are at the centre of the Grand Harbour. The Maltese Islands’ geographic position at the centre of the Mediterranean made them a hotspot for seafaring people throughout the ages. The first inhabitants are thought to have arrived from Sicily on rafts or canoes about 5500 BC. However, despite signs of sea trade during the Bronze Age, the Phoenecians were the first to use the islands and the port as a maritime centre. These people from the eastern coast of the Mediterranean (the region that today mostly corresponds to Lebanon) saw the Maltese Islands as the perfect stop for their east-west trading route. Over the centuries that followed, Carthaginians, Romans, Byzantines, Arabs and Latin rulers all fostered sea trade in the area – that is, until the early 16th century. That’s when the Knights showed up!
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Self-guided audio tour on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Entrance ticket to Fort St. Angelo is not included.
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Charged smartphone
Directions to starting point
There is no meeting point.
The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the moat of Fort St. Angelo (Xatt Il – Forn, Birgu, Malta). The easiest way to get there is by getting off at the Birgu Centre bus stop and walking for approximately 11 minutes to reach the moat of the Fort.
The tour ends at the main entrance of Fort St. Angelo(Xatt l-Assedju l-Kbir 1565, Birgu, Malta) near the Birgu Centre bus station.
De Guiral’s Battery/ Τhe 1565 Great Siege Tomb/ Τhe Guva
Recommended visiting hours
Every day: 10.00 – 18.00
Know before you book
- Please consider the admission fees for Fort St. Angelo are not included.
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone, accessible through our app. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- The course of the visit may be modified and special restrictions may be imposed. The visitors must always adhere to the guidelines of the site.”
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Check your spam folder as well
- Book per device to be used, not per participant
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 5/5C or older, iPod Touch 5th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Mini 1st generation
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB)
- Fort St. Angelo is wheelchair accessible. The site is equipped with chair lifts and electric vehicles which can help wheelchair users across all areas.
Know before you go
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s). Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to fully enjoy it.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Please wear comfortable shoes, sunscreen and a hat during hot summer months
Contributors and Bibliography
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.