In ancient times, Ephesus was a bustling trading city and a center of worship of Cybele — the Anatolian goddess of fertility. In time, she was adopted into the Graeco-Roman religion as Artemis, the goddess of the hunt and the wilderness. In Ephesus, she was worshipped in the enormous temple that was one of the Seven Wonders of the ancient world.
Publisher and editor of TurkishArchaeoNews.net, She has also authored several guidebooks to the ancient cities situated in the area of Turkey.
The tour is designed to start at the Upper Gate of the archaeological site, situated near the ancient Magnesia Gate. There are a car park and a taxi stand. The ticket office is right next to the entrance of the Εphesus archaeological site) (Meryem Ana Yol
- A self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (Android & iOS) in English
- Offline content with offline interactive maps to avoid roaming charges
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Entrance ticket for the attractions
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Food and drinks
Know before you book
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- Please consider that admission fees for sites and museums are not included
- Please book per device to be used, not per participant
- An Android/ iOS smartphone is required
- The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 5/5C or older, iPod Touch 5th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Mini 1st generation
- After booking, you will receive an email from the local supplier, Clio Muse Tours, with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Please note that for the audio tour you must have an Android or iOS smartphone and make sure you have enough storage space on your phone (100-150 MB)
- Non refundable once activated
Know before you go
- After booking, you’ll receive an email from Clio Muse Tours with instructions for your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder too
- Keep in mind that internet access/ mobile signal might be unavailable/weak in Ephesus. Please download your e-ticket & audio tour on your phone prior to your visit to enjoy it offline
- An Android/iOS phone is required as well as enough storage space (100-150 MB)
- Please bring along your own headphones
- Children 0-8 years/ disabled people and their companion can enter Ephesus for free (upon presentation of their passport/disability document submission).
Upper Agora , Bouleuterion, Temple of Domitian, Curetes Street (Embolos) and Alytarch’s Stoa, Trajan’s Nymphaeum, Scholastica Baths and the Hadrian Temple, latrines, Grave of Arsinoë, Hellenistic Heroon, Celsus Library, Grand Theatre, Church of Mary
April – October: 8.00 – 19.00
November – March: 8.00 – 17.00
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Why take a self-guided tour?
This is a self-guided tour based on the award-winning storytelling concept developed by Clio Muse and the fascinating narratives prepared by our handpicked destination experts.
You can enjoy each multilingual tour by using your smartphone or tablet at your own pace even if you are offline. The interactive map on your screen will guide you step-by-step as you explore all points of interest along your route. Each stop comes with a selection of our signature stories allowing you to tailor the tour experience to your personal interests and schedule.
After downloading Clio Muse app, you can access this tour and activate it any moment you wish and also repeat it any time. To best enjoy our multimedia self-guided tour (comprising maps, video, audio and text) we recommend the use of headphones.