Sempione Park is a green oasis at the heart of the hectic city of Milan. The Milanese love this park, which covers an area of over 380,000 square meters behind the Sforzesco Castle, and enjoy relaxing here throughout the year. However, this is not merely a green haven, but also a testament to culture from the 1400s to today.
Waltz in Sempione Park with a self-guided audio tour on your phone designed by an accredited expert. Listen to fascinating stories, based on an award-winning storytelling concept, and gain great insights into the most iconic landmark of Milan, Italy. Start your tour from Piazza Castello, find your way towards The Main Courtyard, and waltz through the Ducal Court and unique Piazza del Cannone, among the several garden systems the park has to offer.
This is an unmissable opportunity to experience at your own pace the Sempione Park with a captivating audio tour on your phone.
You can reach the Castle by bus, tram or underground. The main buses are 18, 50, 37, 58, 61 and 94; tram: numbers 1, 2, 4, 12, 14, and 19. The stop is located in front of the main entrance. Taking the underground is best: red line 1, Cairoli stop. Before entering, find a good spot to listen to the stories.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Self-guided audio tour in English on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
- Comfortable shoes
- Hat & sunscreen
Piazza Castello, 20121 Milano MI, Italy
Directions to starting point
The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the Piazza Castello (Piazza Castello, 20121 Milano MI, Italy). The easiest way to get there is by reaching Cairoli Metro station (20121 Milan, Metropolitan City of Milan, Italy).
The entrance fee for attractions or museums is not included
Know before you book
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone, accessible through our app. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included.
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well.
- Book per device to be used, not per participant.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB).
Know before you go
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s). Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to fully enjoy it.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Wear comfortable shoes and hat or sunscreen (during spring and summer)
- It is better to have the tour before the sunset and preferably in the morning.
Contributors and Bibliography
Stop 1: © Jorge Laskar / Flickr
Stop 2: © Plflcn / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 3: © Federica Gagliardi / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 4: © Daniel Case / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 5: © Mike Peel / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 6: © Carlo Andrea Dalessandro
Stop 7: © Carlo Andrea Dalessandro
Stop 8: © Giovanni / Flickr
Stop 9: © Pixabay
Stop 10: © Alex Battagin / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 11: © Carlo Andrea Dalessandro
Stop 12: © Carlo Andrea Dalessandro
Stop 13: © Pixabay
Stop 14: © Cardo Andrea Dalessandro
Stop 15: © Blackat / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 16: © Yorick39 / Commons Wikimedia
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!